Scott Miller   08-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Just saw a commercial for The Lookout starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt which looks pretty good. It also stars Jeff Daniels which means I will see it at some point as Jeff comes from the same small town as me and I see all his movies.

And it is quite good. It is heist movie that focuses on its characters rather than the action. Gordon-Levitt is exceptional as the mentally impaired lead and Jeff Daniels shines as his blind roommate.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   08-17-2007, 01:56 PM
You're from Athens, Georgia too? Big Grin

As a side note, did you know they named the city of Zilwaukee, Zilwaukee to trick German immigrants into coming there instead of Milwaukee?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Sam   08-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Just finished watching this film a short while ago. I with Scott on this one. While the twists were easy to see, it didn't really matter. It was the characters that kept me interested. Pretty decent flick with very good acting from Daniels and Levitt.

Favorite scene: Daniel's conversation/interrogation with Luvlee had an edge to it that let's you know the shit is soon to hit the fan.

** MINOR SPOILER**

The only real surprise for me was Deputy Donut and the shoot-out. I knew the confrontation would happen and Donut's fate, but how it played out really threw me. Just goes to show that you never know just how dangerous a person may be, no matter how timid they seem.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K