Pages (3):    1 2 3
jimbow8   06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:You know who I mean, Jim! Ah-ma talkin' 'bout the =strong man= of the FF! Certainly the most appealing character in comics...and for my money, one of the most interesting in =any= lit'rature.
That was a joke from Futurama Season 1 Episode 3 - "I, Roomate" ... and my favorite line EVER from the show.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-04-2007, 10:17 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:That was a joke from Futurama Season 1 Episode 3 - "I, Roomate" ... and my favorite line EVER from the show.

Thanks for the info, Jim--I don't watch the show, so I wouldn't have known. As long as they give Ben respect, that's cool... (They =were= giving him respect, right?:confused: )
jimbow8   06-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Thanks for the info, Jim--I don't watch the show, so I wouldn't have known. As long as they give Ben respect, that's cool... (They =were= giving him respect, right?:confused: )
No! (Neither respect nor disrespect) The original joke:
[INDENT][Bender and Fry in Benders apartment - which is a very small closet]
Bender: [while sleeping] Kill all humans, kill all humans, must kill all hu...
Fry: [shakes him] Bender wake up.
Bender: I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it.
Fry: Listen, Bender, uh... where's your bathroom?
Bender: Bath-what?
Fry: Bathroom.
Bender: What room?
Fry: Bathroom.
Bender: What what?
Fry: Aaah, never mind.[/INDENT]
I just always adapt it to suit my evil purposes (or porpoises).

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   06-05-2007, 08:27 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:It is made by the same guy who made The Simpsons, Matt Groening. I actually like it a lot more than the Simpsons. You should check it out, Kenji.

I wish I could...
Kenji   06-05-2007, 08:29 AM
KRW Wrote:I'll second that Kenji, Bender is probably the best character ever created. (but Stuie on "The Family Guy" is a close second)

Actually, I've never seen also The Family Guy....
Silverfish   06-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Kenji Wrote:Actually, I've never seen also The Family Guy....

Stay away! Stay away! Ack. Actually you would probably be pissing yourself laughing so hard. If I had to recommend one of the two, go for Futurama though, as Family Guy is intorelable.

Stephanie
/who hates Family Guy with a passion

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Pages (3):    1 2 3