Ashe   06-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Anyone else see it last night?
I usually do not watch so called "Reality" shows but this one caught my eye. I just think of it as a very long social game show and I can live with myself Smile

My thoughts:
Joe Don(the Captain), what an utter choad. He was really hitting my buutons when he would talk about "I was in the Navy so..." Dude you were in for two years, thats not even a full enlistment, what type of idiot were you that you couldn't stay in the full enlistment. My prediction is he wont last too long.

John, what an idiot. I don't think I can explain it if you didn't see it. Thought if he held the Compasses hostage they wouldn't give him the boot. Well he was wrong.

Louie, I think he will be the next to go. You cannot spend your time talking Mutiny and expect nothing to happen. which is a shame, I think he would make a great first mate.

Thats really all the players who stood out for me the last episode.
Now for the challenge thoughts.

The Red team could have easily won the challenge even with the poor start. all they would have had to do was,
1> when they hit shore where the other team landed, leave 4 of the 8 behind, you don't need 8 people to get a map.
2> the 4 left behind, would take the red team boat around the fork of the river towing the black team boat, tie up the black team boat out of sight from the original landing
3> when you got the map you head south to the other fork of the river instead of where the original landing was

I know it's not the nicest thing to do but the game is called Pirate Master, not Fuzzy Bunny Friends.
Auskar   06-01-2007, 11:39 AM
I didn't even consider watching this show, but if you say it is good -- I might give it a shot. Of course, I've got to hope they rerun episode one sometime before episode 2 airs. Otherwise, I'm toast.
Ashe   06-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Click on http://www.cbs.com/primetime/pirate_master/ and look Directly below where it says "Features" and it will let you watch the whole episode online.
dejo   06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Auskar Wrote:I didn't even consider watching this show, but if you say it is good -- I might give it a shot. Of course, I've got to hope they rerun episode one sometime before episode 2 airs. Otherwise, I'm toast.
[I know it's not Sept. 19th but I gotta do it anyway.]

<piratevoice>

Ahoy, ye can watch tha premiere at CBS.com. Just be clickin' tha Full Episodes link and then on Pirate Master. Enjoy!

Now, for me review. 'Twas a tad too similar ta Survivor (which I be a fan of), but I don't know why I shouldn't've expected that, what with that rapscallion Mark Burnett "at tha helm". John was fer sure tha most 'noying character right off but purhaps should've been kept 'round fer entertainment's sake. His occupation 'twas listed as Scientist/Exotic Dancer. He be foolin' no one with that! Joe Don's reponse ta John's challenge ta point out tha North Star shoulda been, "I can' see no stars with all these damn camera lights in me face!" Bein' a pirate myself and likin' tha Survivor show, I reckon I'll keep watchin'.

Finally, here be a pirate joke: How do ya know if yer a pirate or not? Ya just arrrr!

</piratevoice>
This post was last modified: 06-01-2007, 04:12 PM by dejo.
Auskar   06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
I watch Survivor, which is why I would consider this show. I don't watch any of the other reality shows, though.