Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   04-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Today, I saw "Sunshine" in a theatre.

In "Deep Impact", "Armageddon", human always tried to save the Earth, at any cost, and succeeded.

In this "Sunshine", at last sun's flame decreased! Eight astronauts's mission:They carry one nuclear bomb(Manhattan size!!!) to the sun, then they launch it to the sun for rebirth of the sun.

Yes, it is! I guess it remind you of "The Core". But it's not totally like "The Core". "The Core" was crap(I liked Hilary Swank, though). It's like "2001:A Space Odyssey" meet "Event Horizon". Can you imagine that?

I warn you, "Sunshine" is very desperate situation. It's very dark story. But I don't do spoiler, so I don't say about it any more. So, what should I say?

I want to say about excellent casting. Eight astronauts. They came from Ireland, America, Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand, England, and Japan. Moreover, captain is Japanese! Wow, I can't believe it! In any Hollywood SF movies, I've never seen Japanese actor played spaceship's captain. He is Hiroyuki Sanada, very famous Japanese actor. He played one of Samurais in "The Last Samurai". Cool

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0760796/

If you haven't seen his "Ninja in the Dragon's Den ", check this. This is great and my favorite Kung-Fu vs. Ninja movie.

Other actors&actresses:Cillian Murphy, Chris Evans, Rose Byrne, Michelle Yeoh, Cliff Curtis, Troy Garity, Benedict Wong. They did good acting.

Oh, and one more thing. If you're expecting hard action and spectacle to this movie, I think you get boring in first 90 min. But you should have patience. Because, last 20 min, you'll get very much frightened. :eek:
This post was last modified: 04-15-2007, 08:53 AM by Kenji.
Dave   04-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Kenji Wrote:Moreover, captain is Japanese! Wow, I can't believe it! In any Hollywood SF movies, I've never seen Japanese actor played spaceship's captain.
That would be because this isn't a Hollywood SF movie, it's British.

Directed by Danny Boyle who did Trainspotting and 28 Days Later, and written by Alex Garland who wrote 28 Days Later.

It's getting good reviews here so I plan on checking it out.

Dave
Kenji   04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Dave Wrote:That would be because this isn't a Hollywood SF movie, it's British.

Directed by Danny Boyle who did Trainspotting and 28 Days Later, and written by Alex Garland who wrote 28 Days Later.

It's getting good reviews here so I plan on checking it out.

Dave

Oops! Yes, you're right. My mistake! :o But I've never heard Hiroyuki Sanada is well known in England....

Yeah, Cillian Murphy was also starring in "28 Days Later".
Dave   04-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Kenji Wrote:Oops! Yes, you're right. My mistake! :o But I've never heard Hiroyuki Sanada is well known in England....
He isn't, but Danny Boyle has said in interviews he believes in 50 years time the space race will be all about Asia. And he wanted to work with his favourite Bond girl.

In fact, he only put in an American to keep it US friendly Smile

Dave
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Dave Wrote:He isn't, but Danny Boyle has said in interviews he believes in 50 years time the space race will be all about Asia. And he wanted to work with his favourite Bond girl.

Dave

US friendly?!?! Dave, if I'm not mistaken, the only spaceboots to have left their mark in the lunar dust were "Made in the USA."
But you're right in the broader sense that the American people have lost their enthusiasm for the High Frontier. And I don't know why that is...:confused:
bones weep tedium   04-17-2007, 05:28 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:US friendly?!?! Dave, if I'm not mistaken, the only spaceboots to have left their mark in the lunar dust were "Made in the USA."
But you're right in the broader sense that the American people have lost their enthusiasm for the High Frontier. And I don't know why that is...:confused:

You post came over as very vulnerable and defensive when I read through this thread. Felt sorry for you so I decided to give you a present:

Big Grin Big Grin :eek: Big Grin Big Grin

Hope you liked it!
Auskar   04-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Has this movie been released in the USA yet?
Dave   04-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Auskar Wrote:Has this movie been released in the USA yet?
14th September in the US.

Damn, you guys not only have to wait, but you're the only ones!

He still isn't happy with the US giving him A Life Less Ordinary to film. Smile

Dave
Kenji   04-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Dave Wrote:He isn't, but Danny Boyle has said in interviews he believes in 50 years time the space race will be all about Asia. And he wanted to work with his favourite Bond girl.

Dave

As far as I saw this movie every nations cooperated to each other for Earth. That's wonderful, isn't it? Wink
wdg3rd   04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:US friendly?!?! Dave, if I'm not mistaken, the only spaceboots to have left their mark in the lunar dust were "Made in the USA."

Well, there is NASA's fundamental talent to make even space travel seem boring.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Pages (2): 1 2