Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Maggers Wrote:Whoa! Kenji is replying to and quoting from a post by Marc that appears AFTER Kenji's post. Kenji, you've become a mind reader! Or the chronology of the posts is off for some reason. It sure makes reading the threads a bizarre experience.

Well now, wonderful Maggers...of =course= Kenji is a mind reader! Why should he be any different? And isn't bizarrosity much of the charm of our board?Wink (Let me remind myself too, Maggers--a couple of years ago, you went to a convention and were disgusted how a BIG NAME treated a lady, right? And I suggested, "It was Ellison." You replied, "Mike, you're a mind reader too?!" Well, sure. We all are. Secret is, don't try too hard.)
This post was last modified: 04-02-2007, 02:48 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Kenji   04-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Maggers Wrote:Whoa! Kenji is replying to and quoting from a post by Marc that appears AFTER Kenji's post. Kenji, you've become a mind reader! Or the chronology of the posts is off for some reason. It sure makes reading the threads a bizarre experience.

Maybe chronology of the posts is off....sure it is! I'm not a mind reader. Well....but if I have a mind reading power, that'll be cool. Big Grin
Weatherford   04-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I finally watched The Departed last night and while it was a good film it suffered from the usual Scorsese running time. This film could easily have cut 30 minutes out and still been a terrific film.

But, after watching it, I don't feel Scorsese should have won Best Director and the film didn't deserve Best Picture. The Best Director win was more a pitty win in my opinion; everyone felt bad they never voted for him so they did it this time undeserved.

While the film wasn't even nominated in either category I still think Children of Men should have won. It was a far superior film in all aspects and it's a shame it was shunned.

Agree.... good film ... but not a great film. Probably wouldn't have watched the whole thing had the person I was with not been saying she didn't want to watch more - so we egged each other on. Glad we did, as it was enjoyable. But, not great...
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4