Jamo   01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
As you perhaps remember a collegue at my work presented me "Deep As the Marrow" for X-Mas!

Today I finished. It took so long, because I only read in the breaks at work ^^ lol

Well, It was pretty good! But so... full of emotions!

*SPOILER*

I always thought: "Yes, he gets Katie back now!"
And two lines further... someone did something stupid or stuff like that Big Grin

That was really hard for me. I always hoped, he'll get her back! Good, that he did ^^

*SPOILER END*

So, great book, really exciting especially in the end!

Ah, something I didn't liked so much is the story with Dan Keane. I thought he would play his role better, more mysterious perhaps. And that they didn't find out so easy that it is Keane who is the backstabber.

But all in all great book!

Now I can start the Repairman Jack series today! I am So excited for the books I don't know yet!!!

Greetz, Jamo

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Jamo Wrote:As you perhaps remember a collegue at my work presented me "Deep As the Marrow" for X-Mas!

Today I finished. It took so long, because I only read in the breaks at work ^^ lol

Well, It was pretty good! But so... full of emotions!

*SPOILER*

I always thought: "Yes, he gets Katie back now!"
And two lines further... someone did something stupid or stuff like that Big Grin

That was really hard for me. I always hoped, he'll get her back! Good, that he did ^^

*SPOILER END*

So, great book, really exciting especially in the end!

Ah, something I didn't liked so much is the story with Dan Keane. I thought he would play his role better, more mysterious perhaps. And that they didn't find out so easy that it is Keane who is the backstabber.

But all in all great book!

Now I can start the Repairman Jack series today! I am So excited for the books I don't know yet!!!

Greetz, Jamo

Jamo, you've got =lots= of fine reading coming. Please let the gang know what you think of the Jack saga!
Jamo   01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Sure, I will!

I already read 3 or 4 Rj books and they all were Great! So, i am really excited about the Tomb and the others!

I got many books at X-mas, so, I think I nearly have all of them now standing in my bookshelf... unread^^
But that will change, defintifely ^^

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Manda_W   02-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Deep was a great non Jack book, but wait until you get knee deep in the Jack books, it is a high that nothing can touch
Jamo   02-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Wuuuuuuh!!!

Yesterday night I finished "The Tomb"! Wow, What a G R E A T book.

***** SPOILERS *****

But I was shocked at the beginning when I read, that Jack and Gia are not together^^ Because I read a few other RPJ boosk Big Grin

But when I think about that, it is a VERY good way to introduce all the things with relationship and stuff. And I was so happy to read more about Jacks Family and how he became RPJ, I really liked the story ^^

Sadly it was a real pitty that I knew that Vcky will survive! Would be more exciting if I wouldn't knew that ^^
But, my fault Wink

But I have to say, that I really would have liked to read Jack fighting with Kusum in the ship on the platform. Must be a great fight *g*

And there is one thing more I have to say: There are SO MANY orthographic mistakes in the book.. hui.... Sometimes itt was written "der" instead of "die" and stuff like that. Really much! But, it didn't matter to me ^^

And, another Question. How do you pronounce "Tomb". I often had a discussion with my friends about the word (Tomb Raider ^^). Can you explain it? Would be great Wink

So, REALLY good work, Paul! Now I start reading Legacies, but I already know that but want to read them chronological! And it is a long time ago, since I read it ^^

Great book, fantastiv story and amazing "overlays"! I really liked them!

Thank you Paul Wink

Greets, Jamo

(Gentleman)

Manda_W   02-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Tomb is pronounced like BOOM!!!!
KRW   02-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Manda_W Wrote:Tomb is pronounced like BOOM!!!!

Or like "womb". Funny, they are close sounding, but one is enclosed for the living, the other is enclosed for the dead. Sorry, I'm on a tangent.Smile
Jamo   02-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Manda_W Wrote:Tomb is pronounced like BOOM!!!!

JUhuu!
Then I was right Wink
Thank you^^

(Gentleman)

Manda_W   02-18-2007, 03:46 PM
KRW, damn, thanks for the deep thought for the day.