Pages (2):    1 2
Barry Lee Dejasu   07-14-2004, 08:35 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I didn't mean YOU mentioning it . . . I meant no need for FPW to continuously mention it. Sad

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant. Big Grin

Ken V.

Oy vey...I guess I must be an Appleton, but I think I understood that. Thanks for clarifying it.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
LVerner   07-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Just finished Haunted Air today. Jack's nails are specifically mentioned when he's grappling with the guy with ape-like arms in Eli's apartment. Unfortunately, Jack can't reach the guy's face but he does manage to grab a fork off the floor....

I almost felt sorry for the guy by the time Jack was finished with him but, hey...I knew he was a goner in some terrible fashion or other when he bragged to Jack about what he was going to do to Vicki.

Lee
Mick C.   07-25-2004, 02:00 PM
The chisel-point thumbnails thing is pretty common among old Filipino street-fighters, BTW. You see it a lot among the old escrimadors in areas with large Filipino communities here in the U.S. (like Stockton, CA), usually accompanied by a big heavy stick that is nominally used for a cane. These are guys who used to fight to the death with knives or sticks in the old country, and looked for an advantage in any fight, hence the thumbnails. I think there's a close-up photo of one of their thumbs in Dan Inosanto's book Filipino Martial Arts

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-25-2004, 08:02 PM
LVerner Wrote:Just finished Haunted Air today. Jack's nails are specifically mentioned when he's grappling with the guy with ape-like arms in Eli's apartment. Unfortunately, Jack can't reach the guy's face but he does manage to grab a fork off the floor....

I almost felt sorry for the guy by the time Jack was finished with him but, hey...I knew he was a goner in some terrible fashion or other when he bragged to Jack about what he was going to do to Vicki.

Lee

Why feel sorry for the brute, Lee? It did this old bluesman's heart good when Jack forked him up bigtime.
Pages (2):    1 2