outlanders   02-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Despite the fact that I'm closing in on 40 faster than I would like to admit, I'm still a big kid at heart, and thus I tend to get together with friends of mine for a weekly Role playing game session. Currently, we've been playing Shadowrun for over a year.

After reading the first Repairman Jack novel, I was struck at the similarities between Jack and a shadowrunner. He's off the grid, he's an accomplished fixer, deals with supernatural occurrences, and has his own list of 'contacts' that make his life all that much easier.

I don't know if there are any other gamers here, or anyone for that matter who happens to know what Shadowrun is, but wow, Mr. Wilson wrote a runner YEARS before the game even came out. I love that fact!

Ok, kind of an odd post, but I guess I should stop lurking and start contributing to the board and get to know the folks here.

Chris
cobalt   02-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Never too late to say hello.....so hello and welcome.

EWMAN
Maggers   02-27-2007, 11:45 PM
I've no idea what you're talking about, but welcome to the board. If you've been lurking for awhile, then you'll know it's a fun place. Enjoy!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

outlanders   02-28-2007, 01:15 AM
Eh, no biggie. Smile I didn't think that many, if any, would have an inkling what Shadowrun is all about, ah well.

And thanks, although I did make an appearance back in September when I was first introduced to 'The Tomb'.

Just started The Haunted Air today. Probably be finished in a week or so, depending on how busy things are at work. Big Grin

Chris
Marc   02-28-2007, 01:40 PM
I haven't gamed in years but my first experience was Shadowrun. Not very pleasant quite frankly. It was part of the sci-fi club in high school and on the first day the GM had us in a room full of prostitutes and a coke snorting lizard. Very surreal, very strange and a bit much.

After that some friends and I started role-playing GURPS. Now that was fun.
Dave F   02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the board

I too am closing on 40 at an amzing rate, and used to roleplay loads at Uni. Unfortunately I have no one to game with now - so I have resorted to MMORGS

Never played Shadowrun - AD&D, cyberpunk & GURPS mainly for me

The artist formally known as Britfan
Jay #1   03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I don't play the game, but I read the novels. Go into the right used bookstore, and you'll find the whole series sitting there.

as for Jack, it does seem like he has some similarities. Though Shadowrun seems to exist in a world of magic, with technology as a close second.