Pages (2):    1 2
nijimeijer   06-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Get her CRISSCROSS and reap rich erotic rewards Wink .

That was our anniversary gift to ourselves. For the past few Jack books, we've been among the first to order. Ours came wrapped in a Target plastic bag (weeh!) and is number 45.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
Silvervale   07-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Freakeden Wrote:Read it just before hitting the road to Georgia last weekend. Enjoyed it quite a bit. While in Georgia visiting friends, some of which that I had turned onto the Repairman Jack series, I was informed that Midnight Mass was a sequel to an earlier book.

Which confused me. I followed the forums almost rabidly before the big change over (which I like btw) and didn't recall a previous vampire novel that FPW did (aside from The Keep which was really a Vampire bait n' switch novel).

Now I'm wondering if my friend meant it was a sequel to a short story I missed, or something of that nature, or if he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about.

Anyway, is Midnight Mass a sequel to anything? Also, FPW, have you by chance read E.E. Night's vampire series? I read Ways of the Wolf, and Choice of the Cat right before reading your Midnight Mass and the two stories complement each other amazingly, and even parallel each other such as the names given to those humans who help the vampires (Vichys in yours, and Quislings in E.E. Nights)

As I was reading Midnight Mass, I was strongly reminded of a story I had read years ago. As we got to some of the "vampire hunting nun" scenes, I realized that the story I was remembering had to have been a seed for this book. I did some digging in my bookcase and came up with one of the Martin H. Greenberg anthologies. He did several book with "Classic Monster" themes: Dracula, Frankenstein, etc. Each book would contain stories by various authors. The Dracula volume (ISBN: 0886775310) contains the story The Lord's Work by F. Paul Wilson. It will seem remarkable familiar to readers of Midnight Mass. I was quite surprised that the copyright page of Midnight Mass made no mention of the previous work.
Pages (2):    1 2