Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   01-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Stephen King's THE MIST is one of my favorite short stories. I got good news about THE MIST. I hope they make good adaptation. Smile

Braugher and Holden Enter The Mist
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
January 26, 2007

Andre Braugher and Laurie Holden are joining Thomas Jane in The Mist, Dimension Films' adaptation of the Stephen King story being directed by Frank Darabont, who also produces.

Read more
jimbow8   01-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Kenji Wrote:Stephen King's THE MIST is one of my favorite short stories. I got good news about THE MIST. I hope they make good adaptation. Smile

Braugher and Holden Enter The Mist
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
January 26, 2007

Andre Braugher and Laurie Holden are joining Thomas Jane in The Mist, Dimension Films' adaptation of the Stephen King story being directed by Frank Darabont, who also produces.

Read more
This has been in the pipeline for quite a long time. I can only hope that Darabont does it justice. He's got a good track record at least.

I think the best part of the story is the structure of the first person narrative which gives it that little twist at the end. Unfortunately, I can't really see how that can be duplicated on screen, but we'll just have to wait and see.Smile

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
webby   01-28-2007, 12:41 PM
The Mist has always been one of my favorites too. I'm very anxious to see this film - if anybody can do it justice it is Darabont.

It's also probably a good thing that a film of The Mist wasn't made sooner because the special effects will probably be so much better now. Imagine what they can do now with computer graphics - the razor sharp line where the mist itself begins, huge monster legs and tentacles suddenly appearing out of the mist... Oooo, I can hardly wait! Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HaroldDemure   01-28-2007, 03:27 PM
i have always had a deep love for this story, and Tom Jane is friggin' great so i am pretty damned excited for this.
cobalt   01-28-2007, 11:29 PM
It was a great story, set my imagination on over drive. Hopefully the film will be done well.

EWMAN
tenebroust   01-29-2007, 12:15 AM
HaroldDemure Wrote:i have always had a deep love for this story, and Tom Jane is friggin' great so i am pretty damned excited for this.

This story is also one of my long time favorites, and I will look forward to the movie, and will keep my fingers crossed it is worthy of the written work. It's always a bit tricky making that transition.

Make copies for yourself YOU HANGMAN ROPE GANGSTER SCUM-ON-TOP! Laugh your MAD GIGGLE NOW!
Francis E. Dec Esquire
Visit the Official Francis E. Dec fan club at http://www.bentoandstarchky.com

For the politically active you might like my website at:
http://www.platformforthefuture.com/main
Kenji   08-31-2007, 07:31 PM
If I have Time machine, right now I'll go to November 21! Big Grin

The Mist:trailer

This is really awesome!
phoenix rising   09-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Kenji Wrote:If I have Time machine, right now I'll go to November 21! Big Grin

The Mist:trailer

This is really awesome!

Ooooh that looks like it is gonna be killer!!! Tom Jane is such a great actor! I remember after watching The Punisher I was torn between him and Dolph Lundgren as to who was better....
Kenji   09-02-2007, 05:55 AM
phoenix rising Wrote:Ooooh that looks like it is gonna be killer!!! Tom Jane is such a great actor! I remember after watching The Punisher I was torn between him and Dolph Lundgren as to who was better....

Thomas Jane. Definitely Thomas Jane.
phoenix rising   09-02-2007, 10:13 AM
That was my final decision. Eventually. I think he pulled off the whole attitude better, not to mention, he did have a better script!
Pages (2): 1 2