jimbow8   12-08-2006, 03:30 PM
This may not technically belong in this forum, but .....

A friend of mine posted this on his blog:

Quote: From Wired:

Like Capt. Mal Reynolds stumbling in after a bar fight, the short-lived but much beloved sci-fi series Firefly will soon make an unexpected return, not as a TV show, but as a massively multiplayer online game.

Now that’s shiny.

Multiverse, maker of a free MMO-creation platform, plans to announce Friday morning that it’s struck a deal with Fox Licensing to turn the show into an MMORPG in the fashion of Star Wars Galaxies or Eve Online.

The “Browncoats,” as Firefly’s most devoted fans are known, have been campaigning to bring the show back almost since the moment it was canceled in late 2002. Now they’ll get their wish, albeit in a new form.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
BrettM   12-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm just disappointed to hear that Joss is doing season 8 of Buffy as a comic book series (Dark Horse), but no mention of doing the same for Firefly.

Brett

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.