Maggers   01-12-2007, 02:45 PM
I saw "The Fever" the other night. It's a one man show with Wallace Shawn, who was so hysterical in "The Princess Bride" and other movies. I never did see one of Shawn's most famous movies, "My Dinner with Andre," as I figured it would be all talk and not that interesting.

Well...."The Fever" was decidedly all talk and not that interesting, though I will give Shawn his due. He is a fine actor and performed exceedingly well. Unfortunately, I did the "subway nod," where you fall asleep with your head nodding while you slowly list to port or starboard until you bump into the person next to you. I must have missed about 45 minutes or more.

It was an hour and 45 minute show about his feverish musings on something to do with the economy, the poor, why there are the poor, why the rich don't care, how we all seem to be related in something that sounded like a "consumer fetish." Oie! It was painful in the extreme. I felt like I was being tortured, yet my friend loved it. Go figure.
This post was last modified: 01-12-2007, 03:11 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd