saynomore   11-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Here's my three cents.

1. The first story featuring an appearance by fpw was the weakest of the three. It showed why sometimes the story works best on paper.

2. The second story was more interesting because I saw the easter egg version first, and then I saw the revised version. Remarkable improvement cinematically, but the ending was unremarkable. I must reread this story to recall how it ended.

3. The last story was the strongest. Very professional. Sadly, it was too short. I was left wanting more from these very fine characters portrayed by some very fine actors. Nicely done. I must reread this story as well.

Overall, a must for any fpw fan. Keep an eye on Dave. He's got the cine in his blood. A natural. I still must compare the revised story by Marc and compare it to Dead in the Water. Judging by the Others piece alone, Marc is a director to watch as well. But you get more out of his piece in the dvd if you watch it with the easter egg version.

Now the dvd by Marc and Dave (DITW)--I'll place that right under my dvds to watch, right after the five hour version of Das Boot.

AC

P.S. Oops, forgot. Paul's side glance at the diners was Oscar worthy.
Dave   11-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the kind words, AC. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I struck gold with the cast, they all worked so hard and shone. And Shelley did a great job editing. Everyone involved did great and it all came together nicely.

Leave 'em wanting more. I can live with that Smile

You're right, Marc's re-edit is a great example of what post-production can do to a film. I really enjoyed his new cut, much more than the first time I saw it a few years ago.

Ian's film was interesting. I liked it, it had a experimental feel to it that works well in short films, Marc and mine are more traditional narratives.

Thanks again.

Dave
Marc   12-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Check out the review from Horror Drive-In.

Congratulations to Dave which got a great review.
Keith the Elder   12-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Just got mine yesterday. Thought three stories were done well, although I haven't read Foet, but I'm glad I saw it before the next GU or I'd be calling it "Fo-it" . Where did this story appear?

Also the sound during the dream sequence was unintelligible (to me)

All in all a great job which was well worth the wait.

How does one watch the Easter Egg version?

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Marc   12-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Just got mine yesterday. Thought three stories were done well, although I haven't read Foet, but I'm glad I saw it before the next GU or I'd be calling it "Fo-it" . Where did this story appear?

That's how I always thought it was pronounced too. Who would of thought it was pronounced FEET?

Quote:How does one watch the Easter Egg version?

Look around in the "Traps" menu. It's in there hidden. Smile
Scott Miller   12-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Just got mine yesterday. Thought three stories were done well, although I haven't read Foet, but I'm glad I saw it before the next GU or I'd be calling it "Fo-it" . Where did this story appear?

I found it in a Borderlands anthology, #2 or 3 if I'm not mistaken, and then I needed an immediate shower; it is one of the creepiest stories I've ever read. Just thinking about it now give me the shudders.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels