The Mad American   11-07-2006, 01:12 PM
For those of you familiar with Operation Greenlight ( I was not before this movie, reality series bore me to tears) this is the movie that the guy who won last year put out.

It is a horror movie with very little depth. The previews had me excited to see it as it looks like it may be a bit like "Night of the living dead" or "Dog Soldiers" in that it is about a group of people stuck in a bar in the middle of no where trying to survive an attack by some sort of creatures.

I LOVE monster movies and movies like this but this movie I didn't really like. It seemed to try too hard to be cute and funny in the way some better movies do without seeming to try (exp. Dog Soldiers again).

The one redeeming quality of this movie is Henry Rollins of punk rock/hard rock fame plays a motivational speaker and he had me laughing in more then one spot.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

GeraldRice   11-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I just saw this last week and it had its highlights. It kind of had a 'Demon Night' feel to it. It seems like it was just too quickly thrown together and was a little light on the budget side (although the production value given with the $1,000,000 budget, I think it was, was pretty good). It had surprisingly more depth (in parts) than I was expecting. But the part I enjoyed most was that literally NO ONE was safe.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Marc   08-16-2007, 05:20 PM
I just watched "Feast" and really liked it. Funny, had some good jumps, a lot of unexpected surprises... it was brilliant. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars for this type of film. Definitely worth the watch if you like the horror/comedy genre.