Pages (2):    1 2
Maggers   03-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Anders Monsen Wrote:...I was there a few years ago as a spectator (and came *this* close to trying out as an actor), and it was a glorious experience.

I bet it was!

I'm late to the game in appreciating Shakespeare. It's got to be well done. The dialogue I couldn't understand was said by the poorer actors in the play. They didn't get the cadence and underlying content and so couldn't transmit the meaning of their lines. The better actors had no such difficulty.

I've decided that I'm going to try to see as much Shakespeare as I can, performed by all sorts of groups. There always seems to be a Shakespearean play done by someone, somewhere.

It will be an adventure, I'm sure.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Silverfish   03-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Maggers Wrote:I've decided that I'm going to try to see as much Shakespeare as I can, performed by all sorts of groups. There always seems to be a Shakespearean play done by someone, somewhere.

That's a good mission for life.

Steph

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Pages (2):    1 2