shmoolie   09-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Got my early shipment from Amazon yesterday and was up til 3 am reading it. I finally had to go to bed and get a few hours' sleep. Finished it today. All I can say is:

"Now that's what I'm talking about!!!"

Great read. Jack is back and nastier than ever. Finally. Head shots, etc, no problem for the real Jack, not the wussyfied version in some of the later novels.

Nice job with this one FPW.
ccosborne3   09-20-2006, 07:18 PM
shmoolie Wrote:Got my early shipment from Amazon yesterday and was up til 3 am reading it. I finally had to go to bed and get a few hours' sleep. Finished it today. All I can say is:

"Now that's what I'm talking about!!!"

Great read. Jack is back and nastier than ever. Finally. Head shots, etc, no problem for the real Jack, not the wussyfied version in some of the later novels.

Nice job with this one FPW.

Wussified? :eek:
KRW   09-20-2006, 09:15 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Wussified? :eek:

Ya know, like with your fantasy football line up. Wussified!Big Grin
acfrogg   09-21-2006, 05:37 AM
I'm going to post in this thread since the other had spoilers from the Adversary series and I did not knowSad

SPOILERS for Harbingers!!!!

I enjoyed the book a lot, but it was so sad! The others in the series had sad moments, but always seem to end on a hopeful note. Yes, Gia and Vicky are getting better, but the scene with jack and Emma broke my heart! I am kind of let down that we did not learn more about the ladies with dogs. I still haven't figured them out fully. But the shock of the Ally sure got me. I am proud of myself for figuring it out early, when they started talking about a spear having no branches first I had a feeling that that was what was happening to Jack. SO often FPW suprises me with these books because it seems that he is not afraid to do anything. I have not read Reborn and the other Adversary books other than The Keep and The Tomb, so I don't know what happens in the end. But it seems from the RJ books that this is the build up until the end of the world so he can kill off whoever he wants. I'm actually nervous for the next one to come out!

But this book really kept me going and I probably would have read straight through if it weren't for work. I loved the scene with the cranky waitress "Boiled or Fried" "What's the difference" "One's boiled, one's fried" I laughed out loud at that part, that is something I would sayBig Grin

I do have one timeline question: Jack talks about it being years since the WTC fell, but hasn't it only been months since Gia found out she was pregnant in Haunted Air? I get confused with the timeline sometimes since it's a ratio of months to years in accordance to writing, so I could be wrong.
Dr. Trilobite   09-21-2006, 06:06 AM
acfrogg Wrote:I do have one timeline question: Jack talks about it being years since the WTC fell, but hasn't it only been months since Gia found out she was pregnant in Haunted Air? I get confused with the timeline sometimes since it's a ratio of months to years in accordance to writing, so I could be wrong.
All the novels follow each other closely on the timeline. The Haunted Air took place in August (of 2005, unless I'm wrong) and Harbingers the following January.
acfrogg   09-21-2006, 06:19 AM
Dr. Trilobite Wrote:All the novels follow each other closely on the timeline. The Haunted Air took place in August (of 2005, unless I'm wrong) and Harbingers the following January.
Okay, so they are ahead of us in time? I thought they were behind us a couple of years. That makes sense! Thank you!