Animagess   06-23-2004, 02:03 PM
And now for some random RJ library anecdotes.

Well, I have to wait for my library to come out with Crisscross now. They have all the Repairman Jack books except The Tomb. They also have maybe three of the Nightworld series. Talk about inconsistency... I'm thinking of leaving little notes in all the FPW books because someone keeps taking them out before I do; I suppose it was too much to hope that I would be the only FPW fan in the entire city...

Another point of irritation. My library doesn't keep track of their paperbacks. That means you can't look them up on the computer, they are often not in alphabetical order, and people can take them and nobody will notice. I have a personal vendetta against this system, for my first FPW book happened to be Masque, which I had been glancing at for quite a while before actually taking it out. Instantly I was hooked. Everytime I went to the library, I would check it out again.

And now someone has stolen it, probably forever. Its presence has not been sensed on the Sci-Fi Paperback Rotating Thing for over a year now. It angers me greatly.

This is also the reason Legacies was the last RJ book I'd read, because it was the only one in paperback and I couldn't find it (it was probably stuck between the Romance Novels or something).

One more tragedy: While all the FPW books had a shelf of their own, except for Masque and Legacies which were in paperback, they put Conspiracies ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ADULT FICTION AREA, UNDER MYSTERY.

*deep sigh*

Well, Crisscross will console my pain. *grimaces*

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.