Pages (2):    1 2
Richard Kendrick   07-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Sam Wrote:So RIK, you're a Rhoads fan, eh? Where do you imagine he would be if still alive? Would like to get my hands on the music he was writing before he died. I wouldn't be able to play it I'm sure but I'd damn well try. Ever been to Musonia and meet his mom? I'd love to visit his grave and pay my respects but I'll never be able to do that. Best of luck with your music!!

Rhoads was one of the greats for sure. It was not necessarily his actual ability to play, it was more a matter of what he chose to play. There was chaos and order in his playing (I'm referring to his soloing) at all times. Most people don't have both sides of it. Amazing.

Sadly, I think he would have retired into teaching and disappeared into obscurity. The albums he played on are largely forgotten. They were my bible when I was first learning to play.

I have never been to meet his mom. I would like to visit his grave as well. They recently put a plac of him right next to Jimi Hendrix on the Hollywood Rock Walk of Fame. They misspelled his name though (Rhodes). Not sure if they have corrected it yet.

Thanks,
RIK
Pages (2):    1 2