Daveracher   06-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Not sure if any of this is new info, but its nice to see the movie
get some press....

Cinescape
This post was last modified: 06-16-2004, 09:04 PM by Daveracher.
Animagess   06-16-2004, 09:13 PM
So this is the guy in charge of directing?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007439/

From Endgame to the Safe Side, eh? Sounds bizarre. I've never heard of this guy before.

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
Daveracher   06-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Animagess Wrote:So this is the guy in charge of directing?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007439/

From Endgame to the Safe Side, eh? Sounds bizarre. I've never heard of this guy before.

Wow that is.... varied.

Seems to work with Robert Rodriguez quite a bit, hopefully his good qualities will rub off on Mr. Aarniokoski... though Highlander:Endgame <shudder>
Lisa   06-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Highlander: Endgame. *sobs uncontrollably*

Lisa
jimbow8   06-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Lisa Wrote:Highlander: Endgame. *sobs uncontrollably*

Lisa
*pats Lisa on the back comfortingly*

Buck up, little camper! It'll be OK.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
thisisatest   06-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Daveracher Wrote:Wow that is.... varied.

Seems to work with Robert Rodriguez quite a bit, hopefully his good qualities will rub off on Mr. Aarniokoski... though Highlander:Endgame <shudder>

Steve D
So now we know why F. Paul Wilson was so interested in the Highlander series. I think we should all be afraid...very afraid. I'm going to go back to the Paul posts and try to read further between the lines--esp. those John Cusack and Edward Norton ones. There's more here than meets the eye.
Kenji   06-18-2004, 07:32 AM
OK....I checked IMDB.

Douglas Arniokoski....assistant director? Hmmm...Four Rooms, From Dusk Till Dawn, Austin Powers, The Faculty, Spy Kids, and High Lander;End Game......all right, he did many works, but nobody knows his name. That's problem. Arnikous....Arnios....Arnoko.....Aw! Another plobrem is his name! His name is difficult pronounce. It's hard to learn. :o
Noelie   06-18-2004, 10:54 AM
The reason nobody knows his name is because on most of those movies, he worked as either a First AD or on the second unit. The scariest thing to me about this is the fact that he was a first AD on so many movies, but the only thing he's actually directed is Highlander: Endgame.

For those who don't know, many times, a first AD doesn't get to direct AT ALL on any given movie. They mainly deal with the production schedule, and with corralling the actors. I have a close friend who is a first AD, and being one doesn't mean that you necessarily have any directing abilities at all.

I understand that this guy has done some second unit directing, which sounds a little more promising than if he had only been a first AD. But overall..this sounds scary. :\