neotank   07-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Was it just me or did the past season pretty much suck?

The season finale was horrible also.

I just never got into it. Everyone has become unlikeable, and they all bicker like a bunch of twelve year olds.

Rome was WAAAAYYYYYY better. That's my new fave HBO show.
ccosborne3   07-16-2006, 01:50 AM
It was probably the weakest season other than a couple of outstanding episodes. I loved the big gay Vito storyline. I was really pulling for him.
wdg3rd   07-16-2006, 10:13 AM
One of these days I'm actually going to have to watch an entire episode of the show. Considering how much of it is filmed right here in town. (The Pork Store exterior is on the main drag here in Kearny). La Esposa's (late, unlamented) Caddy is in one episode, they paid her to leave it parked across the street through half a day of shooting, better attention to continuity than many films. There's a blur that might even be her.

I know Lisa has at least five seasons of the DVDs, since I bought them for her. (It's a family drama for her, she's a quarter Mafia on her late father's side -- just like OZ is a professional interest thing, since she used to be a nurse at Rahway State Prison). When I finish the first three seasons of Rocky and Bullwinkle and another run-through of Firefly and Serenity (I have my priorities) maybe I'll look at them.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
cobalt   07-16-2006, 11:13 AM
*****SPOILERS INCLUDED*****

What a let down the season finale was! Much tension building between the NYC and NJ factions..........where did it go........nowhere! Yes, Vito got whacked and so did the other player from NY by two of Tony's crew in the back of the store.........but.............the cast seemed ALMOST normal in the Christmas ending........oh well, let's hope for more violence with the next and last season. Big Grin

EWMAN