GeraldRice   06-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I saw about half of this Wednesday night. Anybody think Sticky Fingaz is all right as Blade? I think he'll grow on me within the next couple weeks. From what I watched, and this is a ***minor spoiler***

When Krista has the sniper rifle trained on the head vampire. Why the need for a long and drawn out conversation?
Medusa   06-30-2006, 02:10 PM
You aren't talking about the movie are you? Who's Krista and Sticky Fingaz?
GeraldRice   06-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Medusa Wrote:You aren't talking about the movie are you? Who's Krista and Sticky Fingaz?

Nope, I'm talking about the series that premiered on Spike Wednesday. Krista is one of the characters. Kirk 'Sticky Fingaz' Jones is the rapper/actor who's filling in for the Wesley Snipes role, but I think he dropped the 'Fingaz' part.

It will be rebroadcast tomorrow and Sunday, but I don't remember what time.
Scott Hajek   06-30-2006, 02:40 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Nope, I'm talking about the series that premiered on Spike Wednesday. Krista is one of the characters. Kirk 'Sticky Fingaz' Jones is the rapper/actor who's filling in for the Wesley Snipes role, but I think he dropped the 'Fingaz' part.

It will be rebroadcast tomorrow and Sunday, but I don't remember what time.

I just found out about this series this week, though it is the cover story of the Chicago Tribune Sunday TV guide. I set up the tivo to record it and there are 9 upcoming shows of only two episodes. I will reserve comment on the show until after I watch the first one.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Medusa   06-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Shows how much I watch TV. I didn't even know they were making a TV series of it.
Tony H   06-30-2006, 03:14 PM
It wasn't too horrible. Fingaz is okay as blade, he does a decent Wesley impersonation. The fight choreography and wire work was pretty awesome and it is uber violent for television. It really didn't need to be 2 hours long. As a result we got long scenes of people walking around doing nothing.

It is nice to see Blade back in action though and I wil continue to watch it. One can hope the actng gets a bit better, the Krista character really began getting on my nerves though, but the ending gives me hope that there will be a lot of ass-kicking going on in each episode.

Is it movie-caliber? No, but if you go into the series expecting a TV show and not another movie then it is tolerable and aside from the long drawn out walking around scenes it is rather enjoyable.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious