saynomore   06-21-2006, 12:21 AM
I looked forward to this movie as the "Twilight Zone-ish" plot intrigued me, sort of an alternate uninverse, time-travel story. Keenu is in 2004, and Sandra is in 2006. They correspond via the same location and mail-box (best part of the movie). Ultimately, it's a love story and works at that level. The TZ-ish plot, however, could have used a bit of tightening up, but it worked well enough for me to enjoy the love story angle. I mean, who wants to see a bunch of scientists investigating that spooky mailbox anyway? B+

AC

P.S. My brother saw it with me and compared it to "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeves. I must now rent this movie and see for myself.

P.P.S. The average age of the crowd was about 60-70. Hmmm... Do I see a pattern developing here? Or is it just a matinee price thing?
Scott Hajek   06-21-2006, 11:32 AM
I saw this with my wife last Friday. We both enjoyed it. Some people I'm sure will pick it apart, but that can be done with any "time travel" story. Those darn paradoxes.

**** Minor Spoiler Below ****

My wife thinks that Keanu is a bad fake-cryer.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Annice Burdeos   06-22-2006, 09:43 PM
This has to be one of the worst films I have seen in a long time and I have seen some pretty awful ones

Much like the Korean film it is based on, the ending obilterates everything that has gone before

In both Somewhere in Time and Frequency ( a far better film than the Lake House), reasons are given for what might be taken as making the implausible possible

The Lake House looks to drop off pretty quickly at the box office.........
Maggers   06-22-2006, 10:32 PM
I just saw "Lake House" and I floated home. I loved it. I thought it was the best love story I've seen in a long time. It swept me along and I had no trouble with the magic of it. I heartily recommend it.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   06-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Maggers Wrote:I just saw "Lake House" and I floated home. I loved it. I thought it was the best love story I've seen in a long time. It swept me along and I had no trouble with the magic of it. I heartily recommend it.
Thanks Maggers. I loved Somewhere in Time and Frequency. I hope this one is like them. I'm to see it this weekend.

EWMAN
Maggers   06-22-2006, 11:04 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Thanks Maggers. I loved Somewhere in Time and Frequency. I hope this one is like them. I'm to see it this weekend.

Oh, enjoy! I sure hope you like it. It warmed the cockles of me heart.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   06-25-2006, 04:29 PM
We saw "The Lake House" I Loved it! So sad, yet a wonderful love story. I'm glad I carry tissues in my purse..sniff.....sniff...

EWMAN