Medusa   06-10-2006, 01:19 PM
We saw this last night. We went in with no expectations because my husband and I didn't have any interest in it. We only went cause a bunch of friends were going and our son wanted to see it. We were pleasantly surprised. It was actually pretty funny. And as tyical Pixar, had a few "over the head" innuendos that were great. Even Larry the Cable Guy was funny.
peachynat   06-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Glad you enjoyed it. Jaybird and I are going to see it tonight. I can't wait!! I've been looking forward to it for a while. Smile
SickThing   06-21-2006, 01:21 AM
I was afraid this was Pixar's first mistake. The trailers did absolultely nothing for me. But I knew I'd see it sometime because it's Pixar. I took my family to see it last night, and we all enjoyed it more than we thought we would. It's not an awesome film, like Finding Nemo or The Incredibles or Toy Story, and it's the least of the Pixar films, IMO, but it's still light-years beyond all the other CG dreck the other studios are putting out. The animation was top-notch, of course, but the story just wasn't quite there for me.

Hunter
Medusa   06-21-2006, 09:36 AM
One thing I completely forgot to mention. To anyone who goes to see this - make sure you stay seated during the ending credits. Don't get up to leave.
saynomore   06-21-2006, 09:43 PM
SickThing Wrote:I was afraid this was Pixar's first mistake. The trailers did absolultely nothing for me. But I knew I'd see it sometime because it's Pixar. I took my family to see it last night, and we all enjoyed it more than we thought we would. It's not an awesome film, like Finding Nemo or The Incredibles or Toy Story, and it's the least of the Pixar films, IMO, but it's still light-years beyond all the other CG dreck the other studios are putting out. The animation was top-notch, of course, but the story just wasn't quite there for me.

Hunter

Have to ditto your post. The backscapes were beautiful, years ahead of what the other CG filmmakers have done. Storywise, it was good, not great. I just couldn't get into the idea of "cars" as characters, too Mobil oil commercial. Toys and furry animals make for great CG, but "cars?" What next, kitchen utensils (copyright pending)?

But enough nit-picking. That's why I didn't what to post first on this movie. In our conversation Saturday evening, Steve, his girlfriend Sandra (Sandy), my girlfriend Cindy (that's right, Cindy and Sandy), reached the conclusion that I am too nitpicky when it comes to movies, books, and television. But in my defense, may I add, sometimes you need a nitpicky person instead of a bunch of yes-men.

AC

P.S. Believe Medusa: Stay until the very end of the end-credits. You won't be sorry.
Medusa   06-21-2006, 10:25 PM
And be sure to pay attention to writings everywhere. Sponsors etc. I went with a group of about 11 people and I was the only one to catch the name of the sponsor of the green car's (forgot his name).
SDSwami   06-21-2006, 10:33 PM
I went last week and walked out disappointed. Being a fan of the other Pixar films, I thought I would give it a chance even though none of the previews looked very interesting to me. Maybe I'm being too hard on it, but I didn't think the humor was very good in this movie. I thought the funniest moments in the movie were during the final credits (John Ratzenburger's lines during the credits are great).