webby   06-09-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm always telling people about Repairman Jack and the Adversary Cycle, and once in a while somebody wants to borrow my copies of the books to read them for themselves. Well, I've lost too many books to people who borrowed and forgot to ever return, and I don't want to lose any of my F. Paul Wilson collection! It took a long time to find some of them.

So today, I went on abebooks.com and ordered used copies of just about all the RJ titles and the whole Adversary Cycle (have to keep looking for reasonably-priced used copies of Reprisal and Nightworld). Just to have "loaner" copies.

Is that completely demented or what? I figure all you boardwalkers are more likely to know how it is, but it might really be demented. :eek:

Is it? :confused:

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kenji   06-09-2006, 09:37 PM
webby Wrote:I'm always telling people about Repairman Jack and the Adversary Cycle, and once in a while somebody wants to borrow my copies of the books to read them for themselves. Well, I've lost too many books to people who borrowed and forgot to ever return, and I don't want to lose any of my F. Paul Wilson collection! It took a long time to find some of them.

So today, I went on abebooks.com and ordered used copies of just about all the RJ titles and the whole Adversary Cycle (have to keep looking for reasonably-priced used copies of Reprisal and Nightworld). Just to have "loaner" copies.

Is that completely demented or what? I figure all you boardwalkers are more likely to know how it is, but it might really be demented. :eek:

Is it? :confused:

Nope, I don't think you're demented.Wink

But this world is round. Someday your copies will return to you throughout a few people. Maybe unknown person will come to you return your copy. The person who is friend of friend of friend of your friend......
Scott Hajek   06-09-2006, 09:59 PM
It's not demented at all. I've bought multiple copies of "The Keep" just to get them in circulation. My name is in a few. Who knows, maybe I'll see one of them again. All of this was done before the internet, however. If I let a copy of a book go, I'll list the website and leave instructions to have people post once they get one of my copies. We could all do that and see how many more new FPW readers we can make.

I also have one extra copy of "The Select" which is inscribed to me by FPW. It's a very special kind of loaner. Only close friends and family. I know where they live and will hunt them down if necessary.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
cobalt   06-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Demented? Not at all. You have worked hard to amass your collection, yet want to share with friends. What better way than to pass around used books. My son and I frequently argue over who has that or this book......and we want it back! I think this is something that I might do as well, thanks for the tip! Smile

EWMAN
webby   06-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Big Grin I knew you guys would get it. "Great minds" and all that!

Scott Hajek Wrote:All of this was done before the internet, however. If I let a copy of a book go, I'll list the website and leave instructions to have people post once they get one of my copies. We could all do that and see how many more new FPW readers we can make.

That's a great idea, Scott -- I'm going to do exactly that when my "loaners" start arriving! Cool

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shocklines.com   06-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Not demented at all -- somewhere in my storage locker I have at least 4 or 5 loaner copies of the Soft & Others collection I've picked up to give people to read.