saynomore   05-08-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm sure everyone received their Gauntlet Press announcement yesterday about the extra six books accidentally printed by the publisher, prints that contain both a numbered page and a lettered page. I hope you all ordered one, or rush to Gauntlet and order one. This "error" copy is going to become a collector's edition, I'm sure, and with only SIX in existence, well, you can do the math. My copy is in the mail. I'm wrapping it in mylar and putting it in a mayonaise jar when it arrives. I'll buy a copy of the book to read when it comes out later this year in the trade HB. But I have plans for my rare book. Professor Chaos and General Disarray would be proud. Smile

AC

P.S. Or maybe all it'll be worth is cover price. Sad These are the chances we collectors take. Anyone interested in buying my Larry Johnson rookie cards?
Snake   05-11-2006, 10:17 AM
saynomore Wrote:P.S. Or maybe all it'll be worth is cover price. Sad These are the chances we collectors take. Anyone interested in buying my Larry Johnson rookie cards?

No, but I'll trade you my Derrick Coleman and Danny Ferry Rookie Cards for the Gauntlet Book...I'll even take that mayonaise jar off your hands. What a deal!

"Are you gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?" - Kurt Russell (Tombstone)
saynomore   05-16-2006, 02:57 PM
My "rare" Harbingers Lettered Numbered Edition arrived yesterday, a mere week after I ordered it. First, let me cut to the chase. This is the numbered edition of the book, but it has a lettered edition page with fpw's signature and the letter P in the letter line. So, does that mean there is a lettered edition with the letter P and an "error" page with the letter P? Who knows? Who cares? It's like owning a lettered edition, but in numbered edition form.

As promised, I returned the book and the Harbingers Outline Chapbook to its bubblewrap protection cover and sealed it. Then I placed it in my closet where I keep all my rare books and collectibles. Remember, there are only six of these "error" books in existence. I hope others from the RJ Board bought the other five.

AC
Biggles   05-16-2006, 06:32 PM
saynomore Wrote:I'm sure everyone received their Gauntlet Press announcement yesterday about the extra six books accidentally printed by the publisher, prints that contain both a numbered page and a lettered page. I hope you all ordered one, or rush to Gauntlet and order one. This "error" copy is going to become a collector's edition, I'm sure, and with only SIX in existence, well, you can do the math. My copy is in the mail. I'm wrapping it in mylar and putting it in a mayonaise jar when it arrives. I'll buy a copy of the book to read when it comes out later this year in the trade HB. But I have plans for my rare book. Professor Chaos and General Disarray would be proud. Smile

AC

P.S. Or maybe all it'll be worth is cover price. Sad These are the chances we collectors take. Anyone interested in buying my Larry Johnson rookie cards?

I have a Julius Caesar rookie card. It went up in value after he conquered Gaul, then again after he crossed the Rhine and in 47 B.C. Big Grin I'm so glad I was collecting back then. Now it would cost me MMM Dinarae.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"