Pages (2): 1 2   
law dawg   05-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Go see this movie. Murder/mystery noir in a high school. This is one of the best films I've seen in some time. It is definitely the best "art house" film I've seen in I can't remember how long.

Word of warning : for those of you not up on the jargon of the 1940s mystery you might be a little put off by the dialogue. It can be a little confusing.

As for me I loved it.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-07-2006, 08:39 PM
law dawg Wrote:Go see this movie. Murder/mystery noir in a high school. This is one of the best films I've seen in some time. It is definitely the best "art house" film I've seen in I can't remember how long.

Word of warning : for those of you not up on the jargon of the 1940s mystery you might be a little put off by the dialogue. It can be a little confusing.

As for me I loved it.

Is it getting distribution? I'm here in NY, and I check out new movie reviews, and I haven't heard of it.
law dawg   05-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Is it getting distribution? I'm here in NY, and I check out new movie reviews, and I haven't heard of it.
Its limited distribution I think. Its an art house film. Not Hollywood. But it was written up by Entertainment Weekly and reviewed, so its somewhat mainstream.

You can Google it pretty easy. You'll love the film.
law dawg   05-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I can't recommend this movie enough. Here's a link where ya'll can watch an extended preview : http://youtube.com/watch?v=jN9GFz01SQ4&search=brick
Kenji   05-27-2006, 11:38 AM
law dawg Wrote:I can't recommend this movie enough. Here's a link where ya'll can watch an extended preview : http://youtube.com/watch?v=jN9GFz01SQ4&search=brick

You can't recommend this movie? But you said "As for me I loved it". I'm confused.......which is right?
Tempest   05-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Kenji, he said "I can't recommend this movie enough", which is another way of saying "I highly recommend this movie".

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
saynomore   05-27-2006, 12:20 PM
law dawg Wrote:Go see this movie. Murder/mystery noir in a high school. This is one of the best films I've seen in some time. It is definitely the best "art house" film I've seen in I can't remember how long.

As for me I loved it.

This is a great movie. But as with most art house movies, it came and went before I could recommend it to friends and family. I also recommend "Art School Confidential," which has similar themes. See it before it disappears.

AC
Kenji   05-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Tempest Wrote:Kenji, he said "I can't recommend this movie enough", which is another way of saying "I highly recommend this movie".

Oh, really? I didn't know that.:p

I saw the trailer. It looked good. I'll go to see it.
Kenji   11-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Last night I saw BRICK, and it was good. Sounds like "Twin Peaks" meets "Reservoir Dogs". Stylish and cool.
Mick C.   11-06-2008, 11:46 PM
It really was good. I loved the dialogue, and the film noir roles (i.e., the vice principal is essentially the police chief).

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Pages (2): 1 2