Kenji   04-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Japanese watching movies to smells controlled by computer. What the...? Check down link.

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/entertainm...4000c.html

It reminded me of John Waters film, "Polyester". I'll go to a theatre see it next week, but I hope Skank doesn't appear in "The New World". Rolleyes
Sam   04-12-2006, 09:08 PM
I once a Sci-Fi short story where a man was listening to music and aromas were released at certain points of the music. Possibly their inspiration for the movie?? Damned if I can recall the name of the story.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Sam   04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Found the story. Melancholy Elephants by Spider Robinson. It was called a "scent symphony".

Wasn't "smellavision" tried years ago and it failed?? I would imagine it to be a cool experience.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
neotank   04-13-2006, 02:41 AM
It's like 'scratch and sniff' without the scratch!
Kenji   04-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Today I saw it in a theater. In a theater where I saw it, "NO SMELL". Big Grin

Movie was.....boring. It was very beautiful movie but quiet. I became drowsy. If you see this movie, you need bitter coffee.Rolleyes