Sam   03-30-2006, 07:40 PM
The Hong Kong police are on a stakeout to catch a gang of thieves. The bust goes bad and a major gun fight unsues. During the fight the media broadcasts a cop surrendering and the gang eventually gets away. The public is in an uproar over the cowardice and inability of the police. The thieves are finally found in an apartment complex and the police decide to put on a show for the public in order to win them back. The media is let in but the police control the footage and audio, but the thieves are not the only gang in the complex and they know how to manipulate the media as well.

This movie has it's problems but it's still pretty darn good. Definitely worth renting. I used the subtitles and found myself rewinding often due to the fast dialogue/quick changing subs. I'm not a speed reader. Rolleyes I'd like to hear Kenji's review on this movie.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Kenji   03-31-2006, 08:09 AM
Sam Wrote:The Hong Kong police are on a stakeout to catch a gang of thieves. The bust goes bad and a major gun fight unsues. During the fight the media broadcasts a cop surrendering and the gang eventually gets away. The public is in an uproar over the cowardice and inability of the police. The thieves are finally found in an apartment complex and the police decide to put on a show for the public in order to win them back. The media is let in but the police control the footage and audio, but the thieves are not the only gang in the complex and they know how to manipulate the media as well.

This movie has it's problems but it's still pretty darn good. Definitely worth renting. I used the subtitles and found myself rewinding often due to the fast dialogue/quick changing subs. I'm not a speed reader. Rolleyes I'd like to hear Kenji's review on this movie.

Hmm.....I've never heard about it. I checked it in imdb. Sounds good. Well, when next time I went to rental store, I'll search it.