Medusa   03-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Did anyone catch this new show that premired after Lost last night? It was pretty good. I don't know if seeing the evidence at the beginning of the show made any difference but it was still cool
cobalt   03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Medusa Wrote:Did anyone catch this new show that premired after Lost last night? It was pretty good. I don't know if seeing the evidence at the beginning of the show made any difference but it was still cool

I watched the show. But I've been a fan of Orlando Jones since the movie "Evolution" I just love his take on humor. What did you think of the garage/shrine/war room for the partner's murdered wife? That man has some issues to work thru. Tragically sad that he lost his wife, but it looks like he will have lots to work upon.

EWMAN
Medusa   03-23-2006, 11:26 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I watched the show. But I've been a fan of Orlando Jones since the movie "Evolution" I just love his take on humor. What did you think of the garage/shrine/war room for the partner's murdered wife? That man has some issues to work thru. Tragically sad that he lost his wife, but it looks like he will have lots to work upon.
Yes, it was sad about his wife but after a year he needs to get on with his life. Truthfully I didn;t think he's as good an actor as Orlando Jones. I've loved him since Drumline. He was great in that. Have a burger! ha ha
cobalt   03-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Medusa Wrote:Yes, it was sad about his wife but after a year he needs to get on with his life. Truthfully I didn;t think he's as good an actor as Orlando Jones. I've loved him since Drumline. He was great in that. Have a burger! ha ha

Drumline! I forgot about that one.

EWMAN
Medusa   03-24-2006, 12:19 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Drumline! I forgot about that one.
I haven't seen Evolution but a friend of mine says I've got to see it. She loved it.
Gerald Rice   03-24-2006, 11:44 AM
I've liked Orlando Jones since Mad TV, but sadly, I don't like him in this role. I just don't buy him as a cop, there's a reason the guy's a comedian- he looks funny. I think the show has potential, but they have to shore up a couple things. I hate that Tony Scott directorial style with the camera zooming in and out and going at crazy angles, I just want to watch the show.

And the guy with hemineglect- just because he doesn't use his right side doesn't mean he couldn't have seen the pen with his left eye and caught it with his left hand; that was just crappy writing. And since when does the medical examiner diagnose living patients? I just don't get how he came to that conclusion. At this point, Martin Landau is much too much of a good actor to be on this show. But I hope it gets better.

I guess the Orlando Jones thing isn't that big of a deal. If it sticks around, I'll get used to seeing him as a detective. But I didn't care for the presentation of the evidence at the end of the show. I thought the evidence would be related to the initial crime. Orlando Jones' severed finger (which looked like a white guy's finger- black people don't lose their melanin with their blood) had nothing to do with the initial crime.
Medusa   03-24-2006, 03:38 PM
"Orlando Jones' severed finger (which looked like a white guy's finger- black people don't lose their melanin with their blood) had nothing to do with the initial crime."

I thought so too. And I thought I was the only one that messed up on the color of the finger.