Scott Miller   03-23-2006, 12:32 PM
The webmaster thread made me realize I hadn't read the NEWS in awhile, so I did. Two items (well three if you count the 'no new fiction' in two months-what are we fans supposed to do?) jump out: the graphic novel with you and Monteleone and the possibility of a YA series featuring a youthful Jack.

I would certainly like to know more about your collaboration with TM, but I suppose you have to wait until deals are more solidified.

As a reader of much YA fiction I would say that you wouldn't need to tone down the violence all that much, I've read some pretty graphic material under the YA umbrella and it is getting edgier all the time. Besides I get the impression young Jack didn't fully develop All His Rage until after his mother's death and that his fixes were more of the Mr. Canelli variety up to that point.

Lately, in a trend I like, I'm noticing more authors turning their efforts towards the YA market(possibly as a result of Harry Potter). I currently have YA books penned by Andy McNabb, Matt Reilly, and James Patterson at home and have read others written by Christopher Golden, Dave Barry, and Ridley Pearson. I think your talents are geared for the YA crowd, where the emphasis is on brisk pacing-plus I've personally had great success with your short stories with the teen crowd.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels