Scott Hajek   05-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Heroes: Origins????

"Heroes: Origins is a head-scratcher. So far, all NBC is saying is that this Heroes spinoff will introduce characters that could join the mother show in the fall 2008 season, depending on viewers' votes. Six episodes have been ordered, as well as 24 new episodes of Heroes. An air date hasn't been determined for the six Origins episodes."

And, in another attempt to stifle my creativity and plans to rule the publishing world, they've ripped me off again!!! Also on NBC:

"Journeyman is a mystery-drama about a San Francisco newspaper reporter (Kevin McKidd, Rome) who can time-travel and change people's lives. He's married and a father in today's world but has a fiancee in another time. Reed Diamond also stars. "

I've been cooking a story with a premise similar, but likely very different, for years.... still working on the paradox issue....

The only bright side is that it is on NBC... most likely will be cancelled. If it was on FOX, then it would only be cancelled if it was good.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Kenji   05-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:"Journeyman is a mystery-drama about a San Francisco newspaper reporter (Kevin McKidd, Rome) who can time-travel and change people's lives. He's married and a father in today's world but has a fiancee in another time. Reed Diamond also stars.

Sounds like "Quantum Leap". I'll check it out. Maybe it'll come to Japan in Spring 2008.
Dave   05-29-2007, 05:37 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:"Journeyman is a mystery-drama about a San Francisco newspaper reporter (Kevin McKidd, Rome) who can time-travel and change people's lives. He's married and a father in today's world but has a fiancee in another time. Reed Diamond also stars. "
Sounds like Goodnight Sweetheart, a UK sitcom from the 90's and early 00's. Modern guy finds a portal to war torn London (circa 1940) and falls for a barmaid there. The moral ambiguity of it (he had a wife in modern times and switched between the two) seemed to sail past people's heads whilst it made with the (debatable) funny.

Dave
Auskar   05-29-2007, 05:53 AM
Kenji Wrote:Sounds like "Quantum Leap". I'll check it out. Maybe it'll come to Japan in Spring 2008.
"Oh boy." Besides, I bet the hero doesn't carry a gun, acts all wimpy and Alan Alda-ish, isn't allowed to kick ass, and I'm already tired of it. Unless it is a good show, of course.