Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   05-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Auskar Wrote:Nothing personal, Kenji, but I like Repairman Jack. I bought the La Nague books 'cause someone said they were superlative or something ending in "est" and they may have been, but not something that interested me -- although science fiction is something I like very much. I read The Keep and that just confused me. But I do like Repairman Jack, in spite of it being in the horror genre.

I like what I call "lone hero" novels. Jack is a lone hero. That's why I like him.

In "Sims", lone hero is there. His name is Zero.
Auskar   05-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Kenji Wrote:In "Sims", lone hero is there. His name is Zero.
I'll buy it. I'll read it. I've bought and read about 15 FPW novels so far, and the ones I like are the Repairman Jack novels. You guys talk me into buying OTRJ (other than Repairment Jack) novels and I read them, then I keep my mouth shut on the forum so I don't offend anyone because I didn't like them. Just let me like Repairman Jack, which should be good enough.
Biggles   05-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Auskar Wrote:Nothing personal, Kenji, but I like Repairman Jack. I bought the La Nague books 'cause someone said they were superlative or something ending in "est" and they may have been, but not something that interested me -- although science fiction is something I like very much. I read The Keep and that just confused me. But I do like Repairman Jack, in spite of it being in the horror genre.

I like what I call "lone hero" novels. Jack is a lone hero. That's why I like him.

Nothing wrong with that. Tell me, have you ever seen "Yojimbo", "Fistful of Dollars" or "Last Man Standing"? All of these are the same plot, set in different eras, but all wonderfully made and acted. I own all three and love them all. I sense that this movie genre is consistent with your preferences. I also like to celebrate the individual. One determined person can change the world.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   05-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Auskar Wrote:I'll buy it. I'll read it. I've bought and read about 15 FPW novels so far, and the ones I like are the Repairman Jack novels. You guys talk me into buying OTRJ (other than Repairment Jack) novels and I read them, then I keep my mouth shut on the forum so I don't offend anyone because I didn't like them. Just let me like Repairman Jack, which should be good enough.

That's cool with me. I'm not the boss of you, nor is anyone else. Smile

Biggles   05-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Silverfish Wrote:
Awwwww...she moans.

Moaning's not necessarily bad; although I sense this is a "bad" moaning. Smile

Biggles   05-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Auskar Wrote:Now I get it.

I never played the computer Sims game because it sounded so very uninteresting. So whenever you guys had "Sims" in the header of a thread or talked about it, I thought you were talking about the computer Sims and never even looked. I didn't know there was a book.

My daughter plays Sims. Looks interesting, but not my cup of tea. I prefer to play first person shooters where I can blow enemies' brains out at long range with sniper rifles. But then, I am different, shall we say. :eek:

Auskar   05-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Biggles Wrote:My daughter plays Sims. Looks interesting, but not my cup of tea. I prefer to play first person shooters where I can blow enemies' brains out at long range with sniper rifles. But then, I am different, shall we say. :eek:
I actually like 3rd person adventure/shooters best, but once you get past Splinter Cell and Metal Gear, you start running out of interesting games. For FPS, I've just begun to give in. I played Resistance: Fall of Man recently, and I'm working on F.E.A.R., though I'm not finding it all that interesting.
Silverfish   05-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Biggles Wrote:Moaning's not necessarily bad; although I sense this is a "bad" moaning. Smile

I must clarify: that was BAD moaning.

Thank you.

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Biggles   05-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Silverfish Wrote:

I must clarify: that was BAD moaning.

Thank you.

As I thought.

Kenji   05-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Auskar Wrote:I'll buy it. I'll read it. I've bought and read about 15 FPW novels so far, and the ones I like are the Repairman Jack novels. You guys talk me into buying OTRJ (other than Repairment Jack) novels and I read them, then I keep my mouth shut on the forum so I don't offend anyone because I didn't like them. Just let me like Repairman Jack, which should be good enough.

Okay....I won't say anymore to you.
Pages (2):    1 2