Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Scott Miller   08-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Kenji Wrote:How's difference between US version and British version?

The British version is funny.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Scott Miller   08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Magic? The one about the ventriloquist (Anthony Hopkins??)? Finally on DVD? I'll have to check it out and see if it is as good as I remember.

Yup and I'm watching it for the very same reason.

Scott

jimbow8   08-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Biggles Wrote:I don't know about you Jim, but Anthony Hopkins is on my short list of actors I would watch read the telephone book. I've never seen him perform badly, even in a less than great role.
I have to admit that I don't always like or care to see his movies, but he always performs well. (Possible exception: Instinct, though I don't remember it enough). He is an excellent thespian.

Have you ever seen Shadowlands?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   08-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:The British version is funny.

In fact, the staff development training one where David starts singing and playing guitar is now entered into my all-time classic TV episodes. It got me crying from laughter.

Scott

Scott Miller   08-07-2006, 11:25 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Magic? The one about the ventriloquist (Anthony Hopkins??)? Finally on DVD? I'll have to check it out and see if it is as good as I remember.

It wasn't nearly as frightening as I recalled. Not a bad movie, just not quite the classic I had built it up to be.

Scott

IanSF   08-12-2006, 05:07 PM
I've been eagerly awaiting the DVD release and have just taken delivery. I am going to set aside some time to give it an airing this weekend.
jimbow8 Wrote:I have to admit that I don't always like or care to see his movies, but he always performs well. (Possible exception: Instinct, though I don't remember it enough). He is an excellent thespian.
I quite agree, to see his name in the line up marks the film as a 'must see'. Strange you should think that about Instinct, I think it is one of my favourite of his films. I found The Edge one that I wasn't so keen on seeing a second time.
jimbow8 Wrote:Have you ever seen Shadowlands?
This one's on my 'library' list. Wink
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5