Nitemeister   06-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey all
First time poster, brand new FPW fan- just a quick intro, 30 year old dude from Vancouver Canada, been getting books from the library *cuz i used to always buy books but now have a mortgage :| * and started off with Hosts in the FPW RPJ series and wow.. am officially hooked.

Straight up msg to FPW, awesome writing, feels like i'm almost 'watching' the book in the sense of watching a movie.. fast paced and like someone said here in one of the threads, u don't get a sense of any filler or any wasted words.

Having just finished Infernal and the rest of the books before it in the space of a month, i must say my mind's a bit of a mosh pit currently as i think i've been getting a little TOO much into the whole RPJ series. However doing so has left me with a strong sense of who Jack is and what he represents.

Anyways, just wanted to say a quick hello and good to 'meet' everyone. Keep up the excellent work FPW and looking forward to reading Harbinger (sp?) !

*spoiler for infernal*

P.S that scene in Infernal when Jack tells Abe what's happening to him and Abe goes on and says to Jack that he's breaking his heart... geez .. what a moment for sure!
This post was last modified: 06-25-2006, 11:34 PM by Nitemeister.
luthie2   06-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Nitemeister Wrote:Hey all
First time poster, brand new FPW fan- just a quick intro, 30 year old dude from Vancouver Canada, been getting books from the library *cuz i used to always buy books but now have a mortgage :| * and started off with Hosts in the FPW RPJ series and wow.. am officially hooked.

Straight up msg to FPW, awesome writing, feels like i'm almost 'watching' the book in the sense of watching a movie.. fast paced and like someone said here in one of the threads, u don't get a sense of any filler or any wasted words.

Having just finished Infernal and the rest of the books before it in the space of a month, i must say my mind's a bit of a mosh pit currently as i think i've been getting a little TOO much into the whole RPJ series. However doing so has left me with a strong sense of who Jack is and what he represents.

Anyways, just wanted to say a quick hello and good to 'meet' everyone. Keep up the excellent work FPW and looking forward to reading Harbinger (sp?) !

*spoiler for infernal*

P.S that scene in Infernal when Jack tells Abe what's happening to him and Abe goes on and says to Jack that he's breaking his heart... geez .. what a moment for sure!

Welcome, Nitemeister! Smile

-Luthie
webby   06-26-2006, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the forum Nitemeister! Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nitemeister   06-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Thanks guys
Much appreciate the warm welcome.. still suffering from a bit of Repairman Jack overload but definitely love the series and the character.. am a bit of a filmmaker here in vancouver and man, i would love to be able to shoot a story based on RPJ as every scene in the book is so vivid.

But yeh, tis late so gnite folks Big Grin
Kenji   06-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the board, Nitemeister!

Now I'm reading Harbingers, and this.....is.......AWESOME!!! I assure it'll become your favorite one! Big Grin
Nitemeister   06-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Kenji Wrote:Welcome to the board, Nitemeister!

Now I'm reading Harbingers, and this.....is.......AWESOME!!! I assure it'll become your favorite one! Big Grin

hehe, thanks Kenji.. i didn't even know about Harbinger's till just recently.. i thought Infernal was the latest book.. But yeh, i'm definitely looking forward to reading it for sure altho the price is a little scary from what i've seen $83!! egads! hehe.
Silverfish   06-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah! Someone from Canada! Welcome to the board. Now that last scene from Infernal that you mentioned had me bawling my eyes out last night. OMG. Baw-ling.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
cobalt   06-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Welcome aboard Nitemeister. Glad to have you join us!

EWMAN