saynomore   03-12-2006, 02:00 AM
I went to Hollywood to see Night Watch at my favorite theater and lo and behold: The theater had been pirated for a world premiere of SLITHER. I asked if the public were invited and the woman supervising the installation of the handrail fences handed me a pass. She said that after all the celebs were in that if there were any seats left I could use my pass to get in. I loitered around for two hours and watched the red carpet roll out. Michael Rooker was the only star I recognized. Lots of good-looking fems, though. By the time the last celeb entered the theater a good 20 to 30 people with passes similar to mine had formed a line---behind me, of course. 4 people were allowed in. YES! 'sbeen a long time since I sat in the front row.

Anyhow, the movie was good; lots of goofy special effects. If you've seen the preview, you know what I mean. The crowd cheered as the credits rolled and their names passed, but many celebs left about halfway through the flick. No spoilers from me on this one. But I'll be seeing it again when it hits the wide release.

AC

P.S. No popcorn was sold for this movie. Not even free snacks, like cheese and crackers. Bottled water was handed out though, but they kept the caps. They did this too at the Clipper basketball game; that is, hand you the bottle uncapped. Something about making a bomb with the bottle and cap. :confused:
Sam   03-14-2006, 03:18 PM
saynomore Wrote:P.S. No popcorn was sold for this movie. Not even free snacks, like cheese and crackers. Bottled water was handed out though, but they kept the caps. They did this too at the Clipper basketball game; that is, hand you the bottle uncapped. Something about making a bomb with the bottle and cap. :confused:

Acid bomb or other chemical bombs. Mix the chemicals, put the cap on, shake, bottle expands, BOOM!! Some of them quite deadly. I've read about them in a news article.

Sounds like you had a great evening!! I was wondering if the movie would live up to the hype. Didn't happen to spot HWMNBNUPOD did you?? Smile

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K