jimbow8   03-11-2006, 05:08 PM
... hello ... hello ... hello

Anybody here ... here ... here ... ????

Echo .... echo .... echo .....

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
cobalt   03-11-2006, 06:32 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:... hello ... hello ... hello

Hello..........hello!
Yes indeed, there are people that did not make it to the GU. It was such a lovely day here on the shores of CT that I did yard work. Found much garbage and a skunk hole or two. Sprayed the yard with that fox stuff to prevent stinky from coming back, and gasp.....even washed my car. Damn, it really is cobalt blue! So now I'm sitting here, and ready for some discussion with friends. I say, IS THERE anybody out there?

EWMAN
KRW   03-11-2006, 09:07 PM

Quack.................?

KRW
jimbow8   03-12-2006, 12:47 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Hello..........hello!
Yes indeed, there are people that did not make it to the GU. It was such a lovely day here on the shores of CT that I did yard work. Found much garbage and a skunk hole or two. Sprayed the yard with that fox stuff to prevent stinky from coming back, and gasp.....even washed my car. Damn, it really is cobalt blue! So now I'm sitting here, and ready for some discussion with friends. I say, IS THERE anybody out there?
It's been raining here, so I stayed in and watched movies: Batman Begins and The Bourne Supremacy.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
saynomore   03-12-2006, 01:41 AM
There were only 6 posts the other day, and 5 yesterday. I thought something was wrong with the board--technical-wise, that is. Then I saw Paul posting new threads and responding to previous posts to wake everyone up. I guess when the core group's away, the posters will stray.

Anyway, we're in the middle of a thunder storm over here in L.A. Temperatures are down in the 40's (well, that's freezing for us So Cal folk); so I've been taking a break from my studies and reading Infernal while the rain tappy-tap-taps on the window pane and the thunder boom-dee-booms on the room.

AC

P.S. I really hate Jack's brother. He reminds me of that White House aide who got caught shop-lifting. He would buy stuff, take it out to his car, return with the receipt and the empty bag and fill up the bag with the same items he just bought; then he'd go to the exchange window and ask for a refund on the stuff. Man, he had gotten away with (allegedly) thousands of dollars of stuff before he was caught the other day. How Abbie Hoffman!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-12-2006, 08:55 PM

Hello, hello, hello
Is there anybody home?
I've only called to say I'm sorry
And much to my surprise
They took away my eyes
And it seems there are no more songs

That's Phil Ochs, the last song he recorded, "No More Songs." Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, what a sad tale. I agreed with little the Red Commie Phil espoused politically. But man, he penned some beauties ("Changes" for one). His descent into madness and alcohol-fueled despair was a tragedy. A simple prescription medication could have brought him back from the edge now. But back then... He took his life in April 1976.