Pages (3):    1 2 3
Peter   02-17-2006, 07:27 PM
JimBow, you seem like a great guy, and yes Starship Troopers wasnt as bad as it has been painted BUT...you like The Keep? If I hadnt read the book I wouldnt have known what the hell was going on and cos I had read the book I hated it. Still, my favourite film is still Conan The Barbarian so what do I know.
jimbow8   02-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Peter Wrote:JimBow, you seem like a great guy, and yes Starship Troopers wasnt as bad as it has been painted BUT...you like The Keep? If I hadnt read the book I wouldnt have known what the hell was going on and cos I had read the book I hated it. Still, my favourite film is still Conan The Barbarian so what do I know.
I hadn't read the book, and I knew what was going on. Of course it wasn't as good as the book. How could it be.

But when I watched it the second time (several years after the initial viewing), I noticed that it was based on a novel by this guy named F. Paul Wilson ....... so I decided to read the book ...... yada yada yada ..... here I am.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   02-17-2006, 09:27 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I hadn't read the book, and I knew what was going on. Of course it wasn't as good as the book. How could it be.

But when I watched it the second time (several years after the initial viewing), I noticed that it was based on a novel by this guy named F. Paul Wilson ....... so I decided to read the book ...... yada yada yada ..... here I am.

So we can blame your presence on the board on Michael Mann? Big Grin

KRW
jimbow8   02-17-2006, 10:43 PM
KRW Wrote:So we can blame your presence on the board on Michael Mann? Big Grin

KRW
Yep!! and Jürgen Prochnow and Gabriel Byrne.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
Medusa   02-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I agree. I really enjoyed it. There are a lot worse flicks out there than ST.
But its way better than the book. The book bored me to tears.
KRW   02-18-2006, 12:38 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Yep!! and Jürgen Prochnow and Gabriel Byrne.

That's right, spread the blame! Big Grin

KRW
jimbow8   02-18-2006, 12:43 AM
KRW Wrote:That's right, spread the blame! Big Grin

KRW
Hells Yeah!!!! It's your blame, though, not mine. I don't "blame" them. I liked the movie, remember? :p

KRW   02-18-2006, 12:54 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Hells Yeah!!!! It's your blame, though, not mine. I don't "blame" them. I liked the movie, remember? :p

Didn't like the movie, but love the author! I guess we'll always have that in common. That and math! Wait, I suck at math!?

KRW
cobalt   02-18-2006, 07:09 PM
KRW Wrote:Didn't like the movie, but love the author! I guess we'll always have that in common. That and math! Wait, I suck at math!?

KRW

Okay, I liked the movie, even bought it on VHS years ago. I noticed that the movie was based on the book by FPW.....and like some of you, got hooked into a great author. I've just finished reading (and 3 re-reads it seems) the Adversary series. Silly of me to loose track of some of the older books. Took me a while and some money to get them back. Needless to say.......I will keep them safe now. Nothing like re-visiting a book to remind you of a thread you forgot about.
Pages (3):    1 2 3