Mike Hanson   02-07-2006, 02:11 PM
I can't remember if this was discussed or noted on the forum last year, but I watched the final 30 minutes of a repeat of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" several days ago (one I'd never seen before) and was struck by a powerful dynamic within it. Specifically, a former NCO Marine Sniper has adopted a young man (teenager) and raised him to be a sniper who assists him in committing executions of various district court judges (or something like that).

While this is hardly a point-for-point copy of the backstory of the characters "Jake Nacht" and "Sarge" in NIGHTKILL, it sure seems unusually close to me...

And that is all the news that is fit to print.

Mike out
This post was last modified: 02-07-2006, 02:12 PM by Mike Hanson.
KRW   02-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Mike Hanson Wrote:I can't remember if this was discussed or noted on the forum last year, but I watched the final 30 minutes of a repeat of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" several days ago (one I'd never seen before) and was struck by a powerful dynamic within it. Specifically, a former NCO Marine Sniper has adopted a young man (teenager) and raised him to be a sniper who assists him in committing executions of various district court judges (or something like that).

While this is hardly a point-for-point copy of the backstory of the characters "Jake Nacht" and "Sarge" in NIGHTKILL, it sure seems unusually close to me...

Mike out

Mike, that's like comparing Budweiser to Bud Lite!!!!!!!!!

KRW-that'll get his goat! Wink
Keith the Elder   02-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Mike Hanson Wrote:I can't remember if this was discussed or noted on the forum last year, but I watched the final 30 minutes of a repeat of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" several days ago (one I'd never seen before) and was struck by a powerful dynamic within it. Specifically, a former NCO Marine Sniper has adopted a young man (teenager) and raised him to be a sniper who assists him in committing executions of various district court judges (or something like that).

Mike out

That was loosly based on the Aspen Hill Sniper (my neighborhood) but is oft erroneously referred to as the DC sniper. It was a former military man and his teenage accomplice who terrorized the area what seems like yesterday, but was a few years back.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Gerald Rice   02-08-2006, 01:19 PM
The Law & Orders are good for that. They call them 'Ripped from the Headlines'. Anybody else liking this new dynamic on Criminal Intent with switching off detectives every other week?
HaroldDemure   02-08-2006, 07:18 PM
did they have a deadly shoot-out in the Pine Barrens at the end of the episode?