Sam   01-12-2006, 06:21 PM
MINOR SPOILERS!!

I wasn't a big fan of the first movie and I'm not a big fan of the second either. I found myself laughing at many of the stunts (especially the plane crash) though some of the fight scenes were fun (the fire hose scene was really good). I like Jason Statham as an actor but these movies were just too B-material for me to enjoy. They're fun to watch but too corny to really get into. With the right directors and writers the Transporter movies could have been really successful.

IMHO, if he had hair I think he could make a good RJ.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Tony H   01-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I thought they were going for campy, and it worked. The first one was silly fun and nothing more. It was very melodramatic, tongue-in-cheek. It didn't pretend to be something it wasn't.

I haven't seen the sequel yet but I expect more of the same.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
miketd   01-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Sam Wrote:IMHO, if he had hair I think he could make a good RJ.

Maybe we could make RJ bald...it would be better than anybody from the 70's show or Leo Dicraprio. Besides, bald is beautiful. Cool
Sam   01-13-2006, 04:25 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I thought they were going for campy, and it worked. The first one was silly fun and nothing more. It was very melodramatic, tongue-in-cheek. It didn't pretend to be something it wasn't.

I haven't seen the sequel yet but I expect more of the same.

Ahhhh...I didn't know they were actually going for that look. Thought it was a serious attempt. Not my kind of movie I guess.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
the Oracle   01-31-2006, 03:21 PM
I really appreciated the first one, but thought the second one was garbage.

BTW - Jason Statham is very COo.oOL, but is too old to be RJ.

Anyone seen Mean Machine (remake of the Longest Yard)? He is awesome in that movie... I love his character.

-Rip

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
The Mad American   02-01-2006, 12:54 PM
the Oracle Wrote:I really appreciated the first one, but thought the second one was garbage.

BTW - Jason Statham is very COo.oOL, but is too old to be RJ.

Anyone seen Mean Machine (remake of the Longest Yard)? He is awesome in that movie... I love his character.

-Rip

Yeah I have seen Mean Machine, its the soccer version of the longest yard and Statham was very cool in it. Played the Monk character....I actually enjoyed that movie much more then the recent US remake.

BTW, the main guy in Mean Machine...Vinnie....ummm....hell, gonna have to look it up, was a professional footballer.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

jimbow8   02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Yeah I have seen Mean Machine, its the soccer version of the longest yard and Statham was very cool in it. Played the Monk character....I actually enjoyed that movie much more then the recent US remake.

BTW, the main guy in Mean Machine...Vinnie....ummm....hell, gonna have to look it up, was a professional footballer.
I'm gonna have to rent Mean Machine.

That would prob be Vinnie Jones. He was also in SNATCH and L, S, & TSB, I believe, with Statham. He kicks ass. He is also playing Juggernaut in the third X-Men movie.

[Image: xmen3_char.jpg]
This post was last modified: 02-01-2006, 01:21 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
The Mad American   02-01-2006, 01:40 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I'm gonna have to rent Mean Machine.

That would prob be Vinnie Jones. He was also in SNATCH and L, S, & TSB, I believe, with Statham. He kicks ass. He is also playing Juggernaut in the third X-Men movie.

[Image: xmen3_char.jpg]

Thats the man. Cool, I wasn't aware he was in the next Xmen movie. He was awesome in the two Guy Ritchie movies as well as Statham. His bullet tooth character in LS and TSB's cracked me up with his son.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!