Sam   01-18-2006, 08:05 PM
A French Sci-Fi film set in NY, 2095. A pyramid appears in the sky above Manhattan inhabited by Egyptian gods. Horus is under judgement and has 7 days to preserve his immortality. He must find a compatible human to possess and find a mate. A woman appears in the city with no memory of her past. She has only one friend -John- who knows more than he admits. The film is by Enki Balil, a comic book creator.

It's different (I think??). The majority of the film - the backgrounds and most characters- are shot using 3D graphics. Like a video game with a few real people thrown in. At times the graphics are realistic but most of the time very obvious. I can only describe it as Brazil meets Final Fantasy. Not a bad movie, but not Oscar worthy either. If you want something different, it's worth the rent.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Kenji   01-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Sam Wrote:A French Sci-Fi film set in NY, 2095. A pyramid appears in the sky above Manhattan inhabited by Egyptian gods. Horus is under judgement and has 7 days to preserve his immortality. He must find a compatible human to possess and find a mate. A woman appears in the city with no memory of her past. She has only one friend -John- who knows more than he admits. The film is by Enki Balil, a comic book creator.

It's different (I think??). The majority of the film - the backgrounds and most characters- are shot using 3D graphics. Like a video game with a few real people thrown in. At times the graphics are realistic but most of the time very obvious. I can only describe it as Brazil meets Final Fantasy. Not a bad movie, but not Oscar worthy either. If you want something different, it's worth the rent.

I saw it in a theater. It's a very artistic and French Noir-like film. "Brazil meets Final Fantasy" is good example. I also think that's "Blade Runner meets Fifth Element".

I agree with you. It has worth to see. Smile
Flinx   01-23-2006, 08:25 AM
I saw it in the local video store but haven't bothered to rent it yet. Maybe I will soon.