Pages (2):    1 2
Scott Hajek   01-18-2006, 12:06 AM
AsMoral Wrote:I wasn't bored with the movie, just really irritated. I don't mind cliche's but it was amature-ish at best. I am sorry you disagree with my review. As such you are clearly lost to Satan.

It's not so much that I disagree with your review. I love your reviews. I just happen to like this movie. I didn't think it was amateurish. It was just efficient.

Cutting out the back story of "why" just sped up the main story. There were several scenes that could've been pure cliche, like the bad guy in the shower or in the closet. But, just when there is a breath of relief that the standard shock didn't occur, Wes Craven pulls the jump out of the third location.

This was a far superior airplane movie to "Flightplan." Plus, I liked the whole marketing twist in making it seem that the movie would be of a "horror" variety instead of the suspense/thriller.

So, Tony, fret not. I enjoy your reviews. And, so does Satan. He's got the popcorn for the next one.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
jimbow8   01-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:It's not so much that I disagree with your review. I love your reviews. I just happen to like this movie. I didn't think it was amateurish. It was just efficient.

Cutting out the back story of "why" just sped up the main story. There were several scenes that could've been pure cliche, like the bad guy in the shower or in the closet. But, just when there is a breath of relief that the standard shock didn't occur, Wes Craven pulls the jump out of the third location.

This was a far superior airplane movie to "Flightplan." Plus, I liked the whole marketing twist in making it seem that the movie would be of a "horror" variety instead of the suspense/thriller.

So, Tony, fret not. I enjoy your reviews. And, so does Satan. He's got the popcorn for the next one.
I liked that the very early trailers almost made it appear to be a romance or romantic comedy.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Tony H   01-18-2006, 10:04 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I liked that the very early trailers almost made it appear to be a romance or romantic comedy.

Now THAT was indeed clever. I was very pleased with the marketing of the film.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Pages (2):    1 2