Sam   01-10-2006, 07:31 PM
The spirit of a samurai/assassin is Hell bent on revenge of those who killed him.

In a word - WEIRD!!!!!! Definitely bloody and very violent. The problem is following this film. One minute he's in a building, next second in a field of flowers, then outta nowhere he's in a battle with a small freakin' army. As if it was a crazy dream that made no sense but with occasional patches of sanity. An interpretive dance of a rage-crazed mind. Leaves you begging the question - What the hell did I just see???? :confused:

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Kenji   01-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Sam Wrote:The spirit of a samurai/assassin is Hell bent on revenge of those who killed him.

In a word - WEIRD!!!!!! Definitely bloody and very violent. The problem is following this film. One minute he's in a building, next second in a field of flowers, then outta nowhere he's in a battle with a small freakin' army. As if it was a crazy dream that made no sense but with occasional patches of sanity. An interpretive dance of a rage-crazed mind. Leaves you begging the question - What the hell did I just see???? :confused:

You saw Izo??? Yeah, definitely that was very weird movie...but how did you find it? Accidental? Or someone's recommendation?

By the way, once Kazuya Nakayama who played Izo was indicted for an act of violence, so he played that role by his own personal image.
This post was last modified: 01-11-2006, 09:58 AM by Kenji.
Sam   01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Kenji Wrote:You saw Izo??? Yeah, definitely that was very weird movie...but how did you find it? Accidental? Or someone's recommendation?

By the way, once Kazuya Nakayama who played Izo was indicted for an act of violence, so he played that role by his own personal image.

I came by it at Blockbuster video. Looked to be interesting so I rented it. When it was good, it was good. For the most part it was just a mind bender.

If Nakayama played that role by his own personal image then the guy needs to be in a mental hospital. Big Grin

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Kenji   01-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Sam Wrote:If Nakayama played that role by his own personal image then the guy needs to be in a mental hospital. Big Grin

Ha ha! I agree! Big Grin