Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   12-30-2005, 07:11 AM
I selected best 10 movies in 2005.(Only in a theater)

1, King Kong

2, Million Dollar Baby

3, Star Wars III:Revenge of the Sith

4, Sin City

5, Batman Begins

6, Cinderella Man

7, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

8, The Butterfly Effect

9, Sahara

10, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

What's yours? Smile
peachynat   12-30-2005, 11:07 AM
One of my favorite movies this year was "Mr. and Mrs. Smith".... I so totally love that movie!!! I saw it twice in the theater Big Grin Also I was lucky enough to get it on DVD for Christmas!! Big Grin
The Mad American   12-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Have to say "Batman Begins" was my favorite movie I saw last year. HAven't seen "King Kong" yet but am really excited to see that so it may rank up there too.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Maggers   12-30-2005, 01:08 PM
I'll have to give some thought to a list of 10, the old memory needs some prodding. I enjoyed many films but don't know if I'd put them on a top ten list.

Without a doubt, "Capote" was the best film of the year, with "Batman Begins" running not far behind.

Due to release dates, Kenji, some of your films showed in US theaters in 2004. For instance, "Million Dollar Baby" would be on my top ten list, but for 2004 not 2005.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Miller   12-30-2005, 01:56 PM
I failed miserably in my resolution to track the movies I watched, so I'm gonna have to think about this one.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
ShadowLord   12-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Most of the good ones were already mentioned

let's not forget
War of the Worlds --
hford713   12-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Maggers Wrote:I'll have to give some thought to a list of 10, the old memory needs some prodding. I enjoyed many films but don't know if I'd put them on a top ten list.

Without a doubt, "Capote" was the best film of the year, with "Batman Begins" running not far behind.

Due to release dates, Kenji, some of your films showed in US theaters in 2004. For instance, "Million Dollar Baby" would be on my top ten list, but for 2004 not 2005.
And you can lump Butterfly Effect and Eternal Sunshine into 2004 as well...(unless things are really "slow" in Japan.) :-)

For me, this past has been the worst year yet for films... Batman Begins, War of the Worlds, Syriana and Cinderella Man get my votes as the highlights, though (I'm one of those who really couldn't stand Star Wars, and I walked out of both Hitchikers and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.) :-(
Terry Willacker   12-30-2005, 03:44 PM
I didn't see many new movies this year. I liked Pride and Prejudice, Ice Princess, Christmas with the Cranks, the Drew Barrymore movie about the Boston Red Sox, the Dennis Quaid movie about having a boss the age of his kids, and Star Wars III.

I didn't like Butterfly Effect, Hitchhiker, or War of the Worlds.

I am going to see Kong tomorrow.
peachynat   12-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Terry Willacker Wrote:I didn't see many new movies this year. I liked Pride and Prejudice, Ice Princess, Christmas with the Cranks, the Drew Barrymore movie about the Boston Red Sox, the Dennis Quaid movie about having a boss the age of his kids, and Star Wars III.

I didn't like Butterfly Effect, Hitchhiker, or War of the Worlds.

I am going to see Kong tomorrow.

I enjoyed the Drew Barrymore movie--Fever Pitch--as well. It was a cute movie.
Kenji   12-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Maggers Wrote:I'll have to give some thought to a list of 10, the old memory needs some prodding. I enjoyed many films but don't know if I'd put them on a top ten list.

Not Sahara? Big Grin

Quote:Due to release dates, Kenji, some of your films showed in US theaters in 2004. For instance, "Million Dollar Baby" would be on my top ten list, but for 2004 not 2005.

Yeah, I know some of my movie's release dates were 2004 in U.S.. But I saw them in 2005. Wink
Pages (2): 1 2