Bastard   05-30-2004, 04:21 PM
I just finished reading Gateways, for the third time, and I have a question regarding Jack's Dad:

When Jack and Dad are getting to know eachother again, Dad mentions being a Marine "Scout-Sniper," during the Korean Conflict. I was under the impression, from my boot camp classes at Parris Island, that Carlos Hathcock helped develop the Scout-Sniper program during the Vietnam Conflict. I was wondering if maybe you've learned something different. Just wondering.

--Jake

:eek: "Who are you mister?"
:mad: "Jacob McCandles."
:eek: "Jacob McCandles?! I thought you was dead."
:mad: "Not hardly! The next man to say that, I'm gonna shoot, so help me." -- from Big Jake
Biggles   05-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Bastard Wrote:I just finished reading Gateways, for the third time, and I have a question regarding Jack's Dad:

When Jack and Dad are getting to know eachother again, Dad mentions being a Marine "Scout-Sniper," during the Korean Conflict. I was under the impression, from my boot camp classes at Parris Island, that Carlos Hathcock helped develop the Scout-Sniper program during the Vietnam Conflict. I was wondering if maybe you've learned something different. Just wondering.

--Jake

I have the Book "Marine Sniper". On its jacket it refers to Carlos Hathcock as one of the founders of the Marine Corps Sniper School.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"