Sam   11-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm sure there was a thread on this movie already but I didn't read it. In fact I read nothing on this movie anywhere or heard reviews from friends. I was able to watch this flick with little or no spoilers.

Ooookaaay...I liked it because it felt different even though it wasn't really something totally new. It certainly wasn't Oscar material but fairly well done. Rob Zombie can be a pretty sick SOB and I can only imagine what this film would've been like if Hollywood hadn't held him back. Some of the dialogue was really funny and the actors were pretty good. I think he was trying to break Tarentino's record for use of the F-bomb in a film. Oh, and Mrs. Zombie is quite the looker - a bit like a younger Elizabeth Shue. Zoiks!! This movie can be quite gross at times so if you've a weak stomach, stay away! It's a crazy ride but fun if you find films like this entertaining. Worth the rent but not sure yet if I'd buy it.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
mike36799   11-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Sam Wrote:I'm sure there was a thread on this movie already but I didn't read it. In fact I read nothing on this movie anywhere or heard reviews from friends. I was able to watch this flick with little or no spoilers.

Ooookaaay...I liked it because it felt different even though it wasn't really something totally new. It certainly wasn't Oscar material but fairly well done. Rob Zombie can be a pretty sick SOB and I can only imagine what this film would've been like if Hollywood hadn't held him back. Some of the dialogue was really funny and the actors were pretty good. I think he was trying to break Tarentino's record for use of the F-bomb in a film. Oh, and Mrs. Zombie is quite the looker - a bit like a younger Elizabeth Shue. Zoiks!! This movie can be quite gross at times so if you've a weak stomach, stay away! It's a crazy ride but fun if you find films like this entertaining. Worth the rent but not sure yet if I'd buy it.

It's actually the sequel to Zombie's last movie, House of 1000 corpses. If you havn't seen that one check it out. I like Devil's Rejects, but it didn't stack up to House of 1000 corpses. I would say buy House of 1000 corpses, if you like that rent Devil's Rejects first.
t4terrific   11-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Spoilers!!!!!!!

Seriously Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I warned you! Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched it last night. I have to say I was impressed.

There was a point, toward the end, where I really felt ripped off. Tiny saved the three, and killed Widell. They all hop into the Caddy and drive off into the sunset with Freebird playing in the background. Otis was thinking about great times ahead, and I was just waiting for the credits thinking how the end really was a letdown.

When Otis stopped the car, I knew The Zombie Man wasn't going to let me down. When the song hit the part where Van Zant says "and this bird you can not change. Lord knows I can't change." The road ahead was blocked with cops, Otis wakes Spaulding and Baby, hands out the weapons and floors it into the road block, guns-a-blazing. Man I could watch that ending a hundred times and still get pumped!!

Way to lull the audience to a comfortable sleep and the kick them in the mouth one last time!!!
t4terrific   11-09-2005, 04:46 PM
mike36799 Wrote:It's actually the sequel to Zombie's last movie, House of 1000 corpses. If you havn't seen that one check it out. I like Devil's Rejects, but it didn't stack up to House of 1000 corpses. I would say buy House of 1000 corpses, if you like that rent Devil's Rejects first.

It's a much different film though. There are many who hated House and loved Devil's. House was all over the place. Theere were so many subplots that weren't materialized, and the last 15 to 20 minutes just didn't fit at all. The Devil's Rejects was much more conventional in the way that it pretty much followed a single story line and went from point a to point b, without a whole bunch of side trips and dead ends. I think I'll still like House of a 1000 Corpses better, only because I think Otis and Spaulding were better characters in it.

I think most would agree that the two films are very different.
smithers52   11-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Certainly one sick, twisted movie. I thought it was better than the original.
Dignan   11-12-2005, 12:51 AM
I really love this movie. A sequel to HOUSE in the same way ALIENS was to it's predecessor. The DVD is particularly awesome, with some great features, especially the deleted scene with Dr. Satan and Ms. Rosario Dawson. MMM--love kayro-syrup.

Nick Andopolis: Hey, I believe in god, man. I've seen him, I've felt his power! He plays drums for Led Zeppelin and his name is John Bonham, baby! "
- Freaks and Geeks
-------------
Disaffected Youth #1: Hey, there's that cannonball guy. He's cool.
Disaffected Youth #2: Dude, are you being sacrcastic?
Disaffected Youth #1: Man, I don't even know anymore.
- The Simpsons