matthewsmommy   10-27-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm so excited! I had forgotten to re-subscribe to the newsletter after my email addy changed, so I just found the link to preorder The Christmas Thingy! Big Grin Big Grin WooHoo! I can't wait! Now I can start Matthew out as an FPW fan early!
BTW, FPW, we happen to be almost obsessive in collecting children's books, especially when we find a new, favorite author.......If this is as good as I'm expecting it to be, Thingy MUST have new adventures soon! Big Grin Chop, chop! His current favorites are his "How to draw monsters" book and his monster coloring book. This is awesome Big Grin

'Cause Mommy Said So.
t4terrific   10-27-2005, 03:45 PM
matthewsmommy Wrote:I'm so excited! I had forgotten to re-subscribe to the newsletter after my email addy changed, so I just found the link to preorder The Christmas Thingy! Big Grin Big Grin WooHoo! I can't wait! Now I can start Matthew out as an FPW fan early!
BTW, FPW, we happen to be almost obsessive in collecting children's books, especially when we find a new, favorite author.......If this is as good as I'm expecting it to be, Thingy MUST have new adventures soon! Big Grin Chop, chop! His current favorites are his "How to draw monsters" book and his monster coloring book. This is awesome Big Grin

My favorite one, as a kid was "There's a Monster at the End of This Book". It was Sesame Street, and Grover was the main character. My other favorite was "Green Eggs and Ham". I liked the long strings of rhymes. (But I don't like rap. That's odd.)
matthewsmommy   10-27-2005, 04:06 PM
t4terrific Wrote:My favorite one, as a kid was "There's a Monster at the End of This Book". It was Sesame Street, and Grover was the main character. My other favorite was "Green Eggs and Ham". I liked the long strings of rhymes. (But I don't like rap. That's odd.)
We have both of those. I don't even have to look at GE&H to read that one. Know it by heart. Another good one is "Where the Wild Things Are."

'Cause Mommy Said So.
Medusa   10-27-2005, 09:12 PM
My mother is a huge Patricia Cornwell fan and had me track down 2 of her hard-to-find books a couple of years ago. One was a cookbook and the other was a Children's book but I don't remember the name of it. I did find her both of them.
matthewsmommy   10-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Medusa Wrote:My mother is a huge Patricia Cornwell fan and had me track down 2 of her hard-to-find books a couple of years ago. One was a cookbook and the other was a Children's book but I don't remember the name of it. I did find her both of them.
We have to read 65 children's books for my Children's Lit class, there were only 4 on the list that I hadn't read. I love children's books and I'm beyond excited to get this one. Which kinda sucks because it won't be here til December...........And it's so appropriate right now. Matthew loves monsters and we only have 4 story books about them. Man, I can't wait! Big Grin

'Cause Mommy Said So.
Medusa   10-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Remembered it! "Life's Little Fable" by Patricia Cornwell. Here's the link:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksea...ds=y&itm=9

It's not a monster but it does look unusual.
EGWilliams   10-28-2005, 11:13 AM
t4terrific Wrote:My favorite one, as a kid was "There's a Monster at the End of This Book". It was Sesame Street, and Grover was the main character. My other favorite was "Green Eggs and Ham". I liked the long strings of rhymes. (But I don't like rap. That's odd.)

Well that's cool! "There's a Monster at the End of this Book" was my favorite also. I've read it to each of my daughters as they've grown up. There is at least one sequel (a poor retread that inserts Elmo with Grover).

Later,
E.G.
matthewsmommy   10-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Medusa Wrote:Remembered it! "Life's Little Fable" by Patricia Cornwell. Here's the link:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksea...ds=y&itm=9

It's not a monster but it does look unusual.
WOW! I used the search box on this link to check out Thingy, and boy, did I find it. Signed, 1st ed, DJ is selling for $584 and change! :eek: Holy crap, it's gotta be good. Cool

'Cause Mommy Said So.