Paige   10-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Saw MirrorMask last night with my friend. It was amazing. In fact, I'm having a hard time coming up with the words to describe it. It was, however, like stepping into one of Dave McKean's art works. I remember FPW did one of the introductions to Preludes and Nocturnes for Neil Gaiman's Sandman and I remember how surprised and happy I was to see two of my favorite authors come together.

If you guys like any of Neil's work, I highly, *highly* recommend you check out MirrorMask.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
Scott Miller   10-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Paige Wrote:If you guys like any of Neil's work, I highly, *highly* recommend you check out MirrorMask.

I haven't had the chance to see it (and I doubt I will as it is only playing at one theater in my area about 45 minutes away), but I just finished reading the storyboard for it and it definitely has potential.

The other reason I'm responding is I've just started The Anansi Boys and thus far it is brilliant; his best novel since Neverwhere. His imagination knows no bounds. Spider is already one the coolest characters ever written.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Paige   10-13-2005, 12:05 AM
I have to find some time to go to the book store and get it. I loved American Gods and I heard it's set in the same universe.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Scott Miller   10-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Paige Wrote:I have to find some time to go to the book store and get it. I loved American Gods and I heard it's set in the same universe.

I used every spare moment and completely ignored my kids(marshmellows and cheese counts as a meal) to finish it just now. Of course the whole situation could have been avoided had I not forgotten to take it with me over the weekend. The horror, the horror of emptying the travel bag to find only clothes and toiletries. Anyway the book rocked. A madcap journey of discovery jammed with his luminous flights of fancy. His best novel IMO.

I don't consider it a sequel to American Gods at all, the only thing they have in common is having a God as a character.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Paige   10-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Finally, I'm reading. I'm only on page 120, but I am already both in love with Spider and want to smack him upside the head at the same time. I love the light humor. It's such clasic Neil.