Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Lisa   05-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Susan is fine. She is just a bit busy lately.

I, on the other hand, am always here! I guess I haven't posted as much lately, but I'm watching.... *cue twilight zone music*

Lisa
Kenji   05-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:A little late but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kenji!

The National Convention is where the Libertarian Party will be choosing their Presidential Candidate for this election year.

Ken V.

Thank you,Ken.But not little late, it's too late :p

Who will candidate?
topol_sheap   05-24-2004, 07:22 PM
hey man, I love those covers, they are great Smile
Biggles   05-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:This is japanese editions covers. What do you think?

I would love to be able to get Japanese editions of Paul's works for my son, who is majoring in Japanese, among other things, in college. I have signed on to Amazon.jp, but since I can't understand what I'm reading it's hard to order. Amazon.com doesn't have the foreign editions. I could have my son help me navigate the Amazon.jp site, but then anything I bought him wouldn't be a surprise! Any ideas? Can someone set up a wish list on the Amazon.jp site? Maybe I could have him do that.

BTW, I still want to get some Japanese heavy metal CDs (anything that has a Blue Oyster Cult feel to it).

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   05-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Lisa Wrote:Susan is fine. She is just a bit busy lately.

I, on the other hand, am always here! I guess I haven't posted as much lately, but I'm watching.... *cue twilight zone music*

Lisa

Sure! You SAY Susan is fine, but how do we KNOW she is? How do we know you're the real Lisa? The Otherness may have abducted Susan, and you might not be Lisa. You might be a Lisa imposter--Losa--Losa Ram. Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Ken Valentine   05-25-2004, 07:34 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Thank you,Ken.But not little late, it's too late :p

Who will candidate?

Well, I didn't learn of your birthday until too late.

As far as Libertarian Presidential candidates are concerned, there are three of them. I like Michael Badnarik best, but he doesn't have the money or the name recognition, so he's pretty far out of the running. The other two are Aaron Russo, the movie producer, whom I like second best. And David Nolan, a radio talk-show host whom I detest as he is what we call a "LINO" --Libertarian In Name Only. Unfortunately, he has a strong following among LINO's in the Party. If Nolan gets the nomination I won't be voting this year.

By the way, those are very intriguing book covers.

Ken V.
Kenji   05-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Well, I didn't learn of your birthday until too late.

As far as Libertarian Presidential candidates are concerned, there are three of them. I like Michael Badnarik best, but he doesn't have the money or the name recognition, so he's pretty far out of the running. The other two are Aaron Russo, the movie producer, whom I like second best. And David Nolan, a radio talk-show host whom I detest as he is what we call a "LINO" --Libertarian In Name Only. Unfortunately, he has a strong following among LINO's in the Party. If Nolan gets the nomination I won't be voting this year.

By the way, those are very intriguing book covers.

Ken V.

The movie producer and radio talk-show host? Really ?!

Anyway, good point of President system is you can vote by yourself(citizen). But hold responsibility for it. On the other hand in Japan, Prime Minister is choose by parliamentarians, NOT vote by citizen. Now, Japanese prime Minister is Junichiro Koizumi. He and President Bush,they're great friend. But I don't care. Cool

By the way, how about reputation of Koizumi in U.S. ?
Kenji   05-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Biggles Wrote:Sure! You SAY Susan is fine, but how do we KNOW she is? How do we know you're the real Lisa? The Otherness may have abducted Susan, and you might not be Lisa. You might be a Lisa imposter--Losa--Losa Ram. Big Grin

Oh! you are Philip K. Dick mania, aren't you? (just kidding :p )

Anyway, I miss Susan. I wish she come back soon. Smile

(this cover is Japanese edition of Virgin.)
Ken Valentine   05-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Oh! you are Philip K. Dick mania, aren't you? (just kidding :p )

Anyway, I miss Susan. I wish she come back soon. Smile

(this cover is Japanese edition of Virgin.)

Those are some really great covers, Kenji.

Thanks,

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   05-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:The movie producer and radio talk-show host? Really ?!

Anyway, good point of President system is you can vote by yourself(citizen). But hold responsibility for it. On the other hand in Japan, Prime Minister is choose by parliamentarians, NOT vote by citizen. Now, Japanese prime Minister is Junichiro Koizumi. He and President Bush,they're great friend. But I don't care. Cool

By the way, how about reputation of Koizumi in U.S. ?

Actually, the popular vote doesn't count in this country. The president is -- or at least is supposed to be -- chosen by an "electoral college." I expect our process is very similar to yours -- at least theoretically.

Sorry to say, I don't have enough time to keep up with international politics, so I know practically nothing about your Prime Minister. Some day that will change.

Ken V.
Pages (3):    1 2 3