Maggers   08-06-2006, 12:43 AM
I've been treating myself to an Eddie Izzard festival. BBC America On Demand had been showing his concerts. I watched all of them and ordered more on Netflix. I'm in love. It's as simple as that. He's cute, smart, funny, extremely likable, enjoys sports, loves to shop for makeup, and he fancies girls. He's my ideal man, though he is a bit too smooth-skinned. I suspect he shaves/waxes everywhere. But I digress.

He is hysterical and very good at what he does. I can watch his concerts again and again. I especially love to listen as he provides a commentary on himself. I found myself answering his remarks as if he were in my living room...would that he were.

I fell asleep and dreamed that I gave up my life in New York, everything, to become his something (never did quite figure out what) and followed him all around the world. What a nit! But it was fun while it lasted.

Eddie Izzard is the best stand up comedian, hands down. No contest.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Paul R   08-06-2006, 05:28 AM
Maggers Wrote:Eddie Izzard is the best stand up comedian, hands down. No contest.
I agree completely. First saw him (never live yet, alas) about ten years ago. Couldn't believe how brilliantly original he was. And sooo funny. Some comedians, when they're called originals, are liked simply because they are orginal. But Eddie Izzard is extremely funny with it.
Dave   08-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Paul R Wrote:I agree completely. First saw him (never live yet, alas) about ten years ago. Couldn't believe how brilliantly original he was. And sooo funny. Some comedians, when they're called originals, are liked simply because they are orginal. But Eddie Izzard is extremely funny with it.
I've been lucky enough to see him live three times, the first in a pretty intimate environment.

That first time was because a friend was a fan, I was dubious (having not enjoyed his brief routine on Comic Relief a few months earlier), but after having my sides aching with pain on several occasions during the routine I was a fan forever.

Better than any situps or crunches, I ached for days.

Dave