Barry Lee Dejasu   05-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Crisscross has been in my house now for almost a week, but I didn't know that. I had to visit Goddard College last Friday; later in the day, it arrived. Since my birthday is coming up on June 4th, my sister (who was the only one in the house while my mother and I went up to Goddard - she was looking into applying there, too) just took this package and put it away, thinking it must have been something my mother ordered me for my birthday. Then this morning my mother brought the package to me and said that it must have been something I ordered, and opening it, I found what will be the next book I'll read after I finish reading Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's Still Life With Crows.

Silly me.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
SDSwami   05-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Crisscross has been in my house now for almost a week, but I didn't know that. I had to visit Goddard College last Friday; later in the day, it arrived. Since my birthday is coming up on June 4th, my sister (who was the only one in the house while my mother and I went up to Goddard - she was looking into applying there, too) just took this package and put it away, thinking it must have been something my mother ordered me for my birthday. Then this morning my mother brought the package to me and said that it must have been something I ordered, and opening it, I found what will be the next book I'll read after I finish reading Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's Still Life With Crows.

Silly me.

I loved the ending to Still Life With Crows.

I found ou tyesterday that I should be getting my copy of Crisscross in the next few days.
Barry Lee Dejasu   05-20-2004, 02:31 PM
SDSwami Wrote:I loved the ending to Still Life With Crows.

Well...no need to tell me it. I should be reading it for myself pretty soon, anyway. Big Grin

Oy, there's some creepy scenes in that book...like when Pendergast made the call to NYC, to his great-grand-uncle's house...*shudder*
This post was last modified: 05-20-2004, 02:32 PM by Barry Lee Dejasu.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
BK Akitas   05-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I found what will be the next book I'll read after I finish reading Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's Still Life With Crows.

Silly me.

I LOVED "Still Life With Crows", though I may never eat turkey again :eek:

Checked out their website for a sneak preview about that issue of the creepiness with the phone call to Wren at the NY property. At the end of the paperback version of Cabinet of Curiosities they also give you a heads up about this. I don't want to write any spoilers and ruin that intensly wonderful sense of the shivers they tend to give you for anyone who hasn't read this 'series'.

These guys are in my top 5 authors of all time. Just read Preston's solo book The Codex and loved it, too.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!